Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Radio reporter murdered during live show in San Pedro de Macoris

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cbmitch9 View Post
    Yawn!
    you don't like it because you know it is true.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    you don't like it because you know it is true.
    Relax dude. Everything will be alright.

3. Likes spanky27312 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cbmitch9 View Post
    Relax dude. Everything will be alright.
    i am beginning to see less reason to believe that.

5. Likes cbmitch9 liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe this was mentioned in the video, but the unofficial word on the street is that this hit was ordered by a company operating in the Free Zone.  Leonidas Martínez been talking a lot about a creek/stream polluted with blue ink that he came across while on a tour he organized.  We went with him to Isla Saona a couple of years ago. It wasn't luxurious, but he made sure we were all very comfortable and it was a well organized tour.

Here  a link to the video he discussed on air:

https://youtu.be/_1tunXn-boI

And news from local paper:

http://www.macorisdelmar.com/noticia...e-f-m-103.html

The 3 months pregnant secretary was reported as deceased so that she would not be attacked in hospital, and later identified the hit man from a photo. 

So whichever company found this Sicario and the radio station operator/tour organizer lost his life. 

Sad that he was just trying to bring attention to the environmental pollution and was killed after over 30 years of operating in SPM.  May he rest in peace.  

7. Likes SantiagoDR liked this post
    Dislikes sanpedrogringo disliked this post
    I love infractions!
    Post Thanks / Like

Speculation, and as you stated "unofficial word on the street". There are many unofficial words. Please stick to facts as they are released. This is an ongoing investigation, and the reason I have not posted anything regarding it. The facts will emerge shortly.

9. Dislikes ExDR, jinty05 disliked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

My apologies SanPedrogringo, I didn't realize that I needed permission from your overruling authority to post about the topic. From my experience with "Leo", he was a professional and hardworking individual.  Part of my post was clearly identified as speculation, yes.  The other part was expressing my condolences. I will stick to the ever so reliable and trustworthy periódicos. 

11. Likes malko, SantiagoDR, ExDR, Conchman, jinty05 and 3 others liked this post
    I love infractions!
    Post Thanks / Like

This evening, after being confronted by police while trying to flee San Pedro in the direction of La Romana, the suspect committed suicide by self-inflicted gunshot.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Considering the ever so speculative "word on the street" I nonetheless do not believe for one second that the gunshot was self inflicted. The guy had a personal bone to pick with Leo and just decided to off him one day? Or Leo drew attention to the environmental violation with his radio show, and was killed by a hit man? Maybe I'm wrong and an elaborate feud between the two men will surface within the next few days.  My money's on scenario #2 (or even #3 that is yet to come to light).  "News" should be taken with a bloody dump truck of salt, in the street or otherwise.  

14. Likes SantiagoDR liked this post
    Moderator - Central Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dominican Republic radio hosts killed during Facebook Live broadcast

Dominican Republic radio hosts killed during Facebook Live broadcast

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/15/world/...rnd/index.html

I wonder if this crime have anything to do with the reporting subject ?  I remember reading some where that one of our expresidentes has or had stocks, vested interest, in said company. Just wondering ...  

Have a great day everyone!

17. Likes Auryn liked this post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast