Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trip Report Part I...

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Part II-

My last stop was at Hillbilly's. He spoke about this in a previous thread, so let me add that it was great to see him and even better that we had a bunch of DR1'ers there for a couple of Presidente Grandes and some excellent conversation.

Got to meet Garyexpat and CristoRey for a couple of moments, as we dropped Bronxboy off at a bar near the Monumento, if I'm not mistaken. Hopefully next trip we will have time to sit down for a couple of cold ones and to share some stories.

Here are some more photos-

Local graffiti art-

Road alongside La Fortaleza San Luis-

Fortaleza San Luis-

I knew there was something about this place I liked!!! LOL!!!

The McDonald's on Calle del Sol. They have a take out window selling ice cream, and it does brisk business from the looks of it-

Mural of a typical Dominican campesino-

Park across the street from la iglesia-

Iglesia Nuestra Señora del la Altagracia-

Sarah Gourmet-

2. Likes jd426, dulce, Bronxboy, Matilda, ben jammin and 2 others liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for taking the time to post the trip reports and the photos. Sounds like a good trip.

4. Likes Berzin liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

What does Sarah Gourmet 
    Sell?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Part III-

The street along the Monumento where Kukara Macara is located-

Stage setup for Carnival Festivities-

Monumento a los Héroes de la Restauración-

Views of Santiago from the steps of the Monumento-

More Monument shots-

Oye mami, llamame cuando bote to novio…

7. Likes sanpedrogringo, dulce, Africaida liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

real, real nice pics Berzin and I know a lot of effort went into sharing the pics. Those who have never uploaded pics may not realize it takes time.

The Macara cowboy restaurant is real nice. Yeah it is a place to be seen but the food is also pretty good.

Did you walk up the steps to the monument? A little secret, there is a winding road to the left and on the side of the monument that vehicles use to get to the top. Much easier to do for those who aren't too fond of a million and one steps.

9. Likes Berzin liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Part IV-

Mural artist at work-

The Nike Factory Store-

I'm an unapologetic Pizza Hut fan. This was one of the best I've ever had. The ingredients were fresh, the service was excellent. And the view onto Calle del Sol wasn't bad, either. Ya tu sabe...

View from the guagua heading back to Villa Bao (Colmado Miguel)-

Brush fire in the campo…

At Santiago airport. Time to go…

Last edited by Berzin; 02-16-2017 at 05:43 PM.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    What does Sarah Gourmet sell?
    Here's the menu I found on Facebook. They also cater private events-

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    Did you walk up the steps to the monument? A little secret, there is a winding road to the left and on the side of the monument that vehicles use to get to the top. Much easier to do for those who aren't too fond of a million and one steps.
    I know about the winding road, but decided to take the steps. It wasn't that bad, and I enjoyed the walk up immensely.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    real, real nice pics Berzin and I know a lot of effort went into sharing the pics. Those who have never uploaded pics may not realize it takes time.
    Thank you. I was a bit nervous about walking around with a D-SLR camera, but I managed it by taking a photo or two and then returning the camera to my bag quickly, and was on the look-out for any tigres trying to scheme on me.

I never felt nervous or concerned for my safety, but I was also out in broad daylight and plenty of people were out and about. Not that this matters, but it made me feel safe.

I wish I could have taken more photos, but that was a long day out and I was on foot. Not being used to the sun, even though there was no humidity, it took its toll. The remedy? Pizza Hut!!!

I want to take this time to thank everyone who added positively to this trip-Waytogo, SantiagoDR, The Gorgon, Hillbilly, Bronxboy, and anyone else I may have inadvertently left out.

Especially Waytogo, who made my stay in the campo possible and was the ultimate host. The hospitality is something I will never forget.

Until next time...peace to everyone and I hope y'all enjoyed this trip report.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Berzin View Post
    I want to take this time to thank everyone who added positively to this trip-Waytogo, SantiagoDR, The Gorgon, Hillbilly, Bronxboy, and anyone else I may have inadvertently left out.

Especially Waytogo, who made my stay in the campo possible and was the ultimate host. The hospitality is something I will never forget.
    Until next time...peace to everyone and I hope y'all enjoyed this trip report.
    Thanks Berzin. On the next trip, we are going to venture out to new adventures.

I also want to give a BIG shout out to Waytogo and SantiagoDR. These 2 gents are in a class all by themselves.

The ultimate hosts.

On my next trip, I am going to surprise them both.

Waytogo, hint hint. Plum.................................

SantiagoDR, I am just going to have to improvise.

Hillbilly, that cigar was to die for. I smoked it while having a glass of Remy Martin XO I bought in the duty free.

Can't wait for the next ride to DR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moderator DR1.com

14. Likes bob saunders, Berzin, dulce, Garyexpat liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12