CDEEE now has five times more employees than needed

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
2,197 employees added to power distributors in past five years
A report published by the Dominican Public Electricity Corporation (CDEEE) reveals that the number of employees of the government-operated power utility increased from 5,620 to 7,817 from 2011 to 2016. In 2011, the power companies passed to government ownership. This means the government payroll increased from US$75 million a month to US$85 million a month at present. There are three government-owned power distributors: EdeSur, EdeEste and EdeNorte.

The number of employees is five times the number of employees needed to run the companies, according to a study carried out by Ingenieros y Economistas Consultores (Inecon). The consulting company says that the three distributors only need 1,561 in staff to run efficiently, as reported in El Día.

The study was carried out in 2011, when the number of customers of the power distributors were 1.9 million. Today these companies have 2.1 million customers. The consultant recommended to the Superintendence of Electricity that they could be efficiently run with one employee per every 1,220 customers.

Operational expenses have also increased from US$270 million in 2011 to US$331 million in 2016.

http://eldia.com.do/personal-edes-es...del-necesario/

cbmitch9

Bronze
Nov 3, 2010
2,197 employees added to power distributors in past five years
A report published by the Dominican Public Electricity Corporation (CDEEE) reveals that the number of employees of the government-operated power utility increased from 5,620 to 7,817 from 2011 to 2016. In 2011, the power companies passed to government ownership. This means the government payroll increased from US$75 million a month to US$85 million a month at present. There are three government-owned power distributors: EdeSur, EdeEste and EdeNorte.

The number of employees is five times the number of employees needed to run the companies, according to a study carried out by Ingenieros y Economistas Consultores (Inecon). The consulting company says that the three distributors only need 1,561 in staff to run efficiently, as reported in El Día.

The study was carried out in 2011, when the number of customers of the power distributors were 1.9 million. Today these companies have 2.1 million customers. The consultant recommended to the Superintendence of Electricity that they could be efficiently run with one employee per every 1,220 customers.

Operational expenses have also increased from US$270 million in 2011 to US$331 million in 2016.

http://eldia.com.do/personal-edes-es...del-necesario/

And apagones are not improving. Amazing more staff, less effective. Backwards. It's supposed to be the other way around.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Waiting to see them collecting in the Barrios that have NO meters.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Waiting to see them collecting in the Barrios that have NO meters.

They have collected a pittance in some of those places by charging a flat fee. Charging what would be metered, they have a way to go for that.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Incredible that 2100 employees are getting US 10mm a month. That's 4500 dollars a month per employee. I wonder what I'd have to do to get a check...er.. job over there??

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
The operative word in winde"s post is "efficiently".There is no such thing here. I have never seen anything even remotely efficient in the Dominican Republic and do not expect it in my lifetime. I do admire Winde's determination and stick to itness on the electricity issue. My in laws live out in a barrio and there is not a single electric meter in the entire area. They have never had a meter or paid for electricity. The quality of electric service they receive is terrible. Its days and days with nothing, then voltage spikes and normally very low voltage. They are not freeloading or cheating. Its the way it is. They are not being dishonest. What should they do? Go to the local office and complain and demand to pay a high price a hig for crappy service?

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Unless the rules changed from 15 years ago, employees get free electric. Looked at buying a large house rented by Edenorte with several employees in it. Hot tub, pool and 6 AC units running. Doors/windows open.

Perhaps with all the new employees that explains why I usually have a new truck parked under the shade tree on the street while they are napping?

I love my solar system and really love my Ede bill at DP 500. max this cloudy winter.