Gorditos in Sosua

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
Yesterday had a great taco at Gordito's same as in Cabarete.
Been missing Mexican food in Sosua so it's a great addition.
Beach Way Plaza just past Check Point.
Think it's open until 5 or 5:30.

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
Can anyone confirm the opening hours? Any phone number? Is it in the same plaza as Checkpoint and the Book Nook? Is the food as good as Cabarete? Or should I just go to the original?

james

Jan 14, 2002
I was there on Saturday 1.00pm+/- and the same owner himself was helping prepare food and working with a new employee ( think he was new)

The ground beef tacos tasted exactly the same. That's all I tried.

Jul 28, 2014
Same owners as in Cabarete.

Negative, Brian Nichols owns it, but I believe is partnered with the dude from Cabarete, Brian also owns the bar directly across from it, and yes judypdr, ts in the same place as the Checkpoint and Book nook, opposite end of Checkpoint (beach end)

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Negative, Brian Nichols owns it, but I believe is partnered with the dude from Cabarete, Brian also owns the bar directly across from it, and yes judypdr, ts in the same place as the Checkpoint and Book nook, opposite end of Checkpoint (beach end)

My mistake then if it is not the same owner, as I had seen the same owner as in Cabarete there the last time I played at The Checkpoint last week.

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
Brian does NOT own the Gorditos in Sosua.

Jul 28, 2014
Originally Brian renovated both sides at the end of the Plaza, going into partnership with Chip for the bar. His original intent was to have a Tex-Mex restaurant on the other side/across from the bar, he then decided to bring in Joe to get Gorditos, which according to Brian, he and Joe are 50-50 on that business.

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
Originally Brian renovated both sides at the end of the Plaza, going into partnership with Chip for the bar. His original intent was to have a Tex-Mex restaurant on the other side/across from the bar, he then decided to bring in Joe to get Gorditos, which according to Brian, he and Joe are 50-50 on that business.
Therefore,Brian is not THE owner,he is ONE OF the owners.

Buxtonite

Dec 20, 2005
Joe the owner of Gordito's has been there every day since it opened. I had a chicken soft taco today and it was just the same as in Cabarete. I spoke to him about what a good location he has and how a lot of people who live in Sosua will be happy they don't have to drive to Cabarete any more. We didn't discuss ownership details.

Aug 21, 2007
Gorditos Sosua

Don't miss it. It is as good as the Cabarete version. We locals need to give support to new restaurants that show promise of surviving. This is definitely one of them.

Walk the Beach Way, past Checkpoint. It's at the end. Or park on the side of the park and walk straight.

Bar on one side, restaurant on the other.

Fantastic food.

Owner on premises. See food being cooked and prepared. Help working fast, in a frenzy to get the food out. You don't see that often here.

I want this business to survive. Please try it. You will see that it is as good as you can get here on the North Coast.

Lindsey

Timotero

Bronze
Feb 25, 2011
I had lunch there yesterday. Fish tacos were very good plus. Service was quick and efficient. Staff was friendly and engaging. Place was clean. And they have a nice selection of hot sauces. Like Arnold, "I'll be back!"