good deal at lifestyles

repoman1

Apr 6, 2016
I will pass this on if anyone is interested. I got a room for two, all-inclusive for 8 days for 710.00us. if anyone is interested on which website just PM me. ill be there march 29-april 5th if anyone wants to meet up and drink.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Groupon have some good deals every now and then.  Trouble is you are obliged to attend one of their hard sell promotions.  Leave your credit cards at home.  Don't let the fancy jets, helicopters and limos fool you!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Groupon have some good deals every now and then.  Trouble is you are obliged to attend one of their hard sell promotions.  Leave your credit cards at home.  Don't let the fancy jets, helicopters and limos fool you!

The bigger problem with them is that if you're there at a discount price, and one of you is Dominican, they try to renege on the price.  We arrived, signed in, they asked for our passports, both USA. They opened both to take copies, then demeanor changed and they said to Mr AE, rather rudely, " but you're Dominican", as passport shows place of birth. "Dominicans do not qualify for this rate". We looked at each other, then back at him, and asked for the manager. After showing NJ driver license to prove where he lived, we were allowed to stay.  

Like beeza said, the discounts are to get you in the door, to pressure you to buy one of their vacation club memberships. They stalk you, even while you are eating. 

abnor

Nov 7, 2006
Lots of places to rent in Cofresi not tied to vacation club gangsters.  For me the cost would not be worth the aggravation of  time spent with them wanting to close a deal.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Lots of places to rent in Cofresi not tied to vacation club gangsters.  For me the cost would not be worth the aggravation of  time spent with them wanting to close a deal.

Precisely why we never returned there

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
We have been fortunate to go there as guests of people that have a villa there and for some reason, probably the wrist band colour, the time share people don't bother us.

repoman1

Apr 6, 2016
I was in cofresi last year in a standard junior suite. Never got bothered once. matter of fact I don't remember seeing a thug. Maybe if your in one of those villas that people buy you will have trouble. I also stayed at bluebay, there I got hit for 5
minutes but I told the thug that "why would I want to buy this when I already live here". He walked away from me.
End result is, for $89 a day for two people all-inclusive. jaja, cant beat it, plus I use the timeshare thugs as entertainment when I run into them. makes me laugh.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Stayed at Lifestyles several times. Sometimes direct booking, other times through sell off vacation sites. Yes, they subject you to the hard sell, but a simple No Thanks does the trick. Turn your back and walk away. Say no to the free gifts. If you choose to sit in on an information session, they are very negotiable. The VIP unlimited package for $65,000 can be negotiated down to a $10,000 package. Best line I heard was from a big burly Russian. "You talk. I listen. If I can afford to buy, I will." I'm absolutely amazed people spend over $150,000 on these memberships. Or $2 million on a villa. Lifestyles is a registered offshore company. You have very little chance of recourse if something goes wrong. All the cards are in Marco's hand. They won't accept American Express credit cards because you can block payment if your not satisfied with their service. Buyer beware!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Stayed at Lifestyles several times. Sometimes direct booking, other times through sell off vacation sites. Yes, they subject you to the hard sell, but a simple No Thanks does the trick. Turn your back and walk away. Say no to the free gifts. If you choose to sit in on an information session, they are very negotiable. The VIP unlimited package for $65,000 can be negotiated down to a $10,000 package. Best line I heard was from a big burly Russian. "You talk. I listen. If I can afford to buy, I will." I'm absolutely amazed people spend over $150,000 on these memberships. Or $2 million on a villa. Lifestyles is a registered offshore company. You have very little chance of recourse if something goes wrong. All the cards are in Marco's hand. They won't accept American Express credit cards because you can block payment if your not satisfied with their service. Buyer beware!

On our last day there, we met an American couple who were multiple time guests.  The husband told us that the guy who badgers you to go to the meeting gets $20 US each time someone shows up for their appointment. Upon arrival, he hands the guy $20 bill and tells him not to bother them again. He swore it works. 

texan

Apr 1, 2014
I stayed there and they did not pressure us to take the tour.  I think one person asked and we told them we weren't interested and that was it. We booked on cheapcarribean.com when they had a deal. They did charge more if you were Dominican.  We had our Pasola and they let us ride it within the resort which was nice. 

Later on when we weren't staying there we did take the tour and it is a strong sales pitch if you take the tour.  I think you could just told them you already took the tour and they would leave you alone.