Transportation question

Ayes

Feb 18, 2017
Hey,

So I'm going to DR soon and I'll be landing at Santiago airport. How would I get from Santiago airport to Puerto Plata?

Thanks.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
There are several options, depending upon when your flight lands.

If in the daytime and you are both frugal and adventurous, you can take a taxi to either Caribe Tours or Metro Bus where you can take a large, comfortable bus to Puerto Plata. You would need to take another taxi from the bus station in Puerto Plata to your final destination.

If arriving late at night, you can either take an airport taxi (approximately $100 US) or arrange a pick up with a local taxi service to take you to Puerto Plata. Using a local taxi (not airport) cost me 2500 pesos (slightly over $50 US) last June.

If you are arriving in the middle of the night, you can take a taxi to a hotel or cabaña, wait until morning, and then do the taxi/bus frugal trip to Puerto Plata. Of course, then you need to figure in the cost of the hotel, etc.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hey,

So I'm going to DR soon and I'll be landing at Santiago airport. How would I get from Santiago airport to Puerto Plata?

Thanks.

First, what time does your flight arrive? Busses do not run at night. If you are arriving late either stay overnight or arrange for a driver to pick you up at the airport and bring you to POP. You can find info online. Good luck and good travels

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
check with uber, last 2 times was less than 2000 pesos......... newer cars to.........Doc..............