Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44

Thread: Haitians will take over Dominican SW province ‘soon’

  1. #1
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    23,870
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Haitians will take over Dominican SW province ‘soon’

    Haitians will take over Dominican SW province ‘soon’



    Pedernales, Dominican Republic.- The southwestern province, created to prevent Dominican territory from being occupied by foreigners, would soon be under Haitian domination if the authorities fail create jobs urgently and improve the living conditions of those who still resist the urge to leave.

    Outlet listin.com.do reports on a dramatic and harsh reality exposed by senator Dionis Sanchez, who says a lack of jobs and facilities in the areas of health, transport, education and agriculture push entire families to leave Pedernales every day.

    “This province is in “emergency” by the critical reality in which its inhabitants live,” the lawmaker said, and called on president Danilo Medina to make quick decisions to revert the exodus, before its residents abandon it and he Haitians take it over entirely.

    “We’re still awaiting the President’s announcement that the time for the South has come.”

    Speaking after a meeting of the Province Development Council, Sanchez said Pedernales’ inhabitants face a very difficult situation by the lack of jobs, which spiraled when three companies halted operations, laying off as many as 1,500 people.

    “I am calling on party colleague, president Danilo Medina, whom I trust, to make urgent decisions regarding the definitive launch of the tourism development project in this province, or it will be too late,” Sanchez said.

    “We have been fighting for the lands of Bahia de las Aguilas for 20 years, the case is in court, but the situation has yet to be defined, so a final decision is required or Pedernales will lose its Dominican population,” the lawmaker said.

    He said more than 500 jobs were lost as the result of the bauxite miner DOVEMCO halting operations, which he affirms hurt commerce. “Adding to the problem is the tax levied on the free zone, which threatens to leave dozens of households without income.”

    Source: DT

    Feb 14, 2017

    Category: DR News |

  2. #2
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,840
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    Haitians will take over Dominican SW province ‘soon’



    Pedernales, Dominican Republic.- The southwestern province, created to prevent Dominican territory from being occupied by foreigners, would soon be under Haitian domination if the authorities fail create jobs urgently and improve the living conditions of those who still resist the urge to leave.

    Outlet listin.com.do reports on a dramatic and harsh reality exposed by senator Dionis Sanchez, who says a lack of jobs and facilities in the areas of health, transport, education and agriculture push entire families to leave Pedernales every day.

    “This province is in “emergency” by the critical reality in which its inhabitants live,” the lawmaker said, and called on president Danilo Medina to make quick decisions to revert the exodus, before its residents abandon it and he Haitians take it over entirely.

    “We’re still awaiting the President’s announcement that the time for the South has come.”

    Speaking after a meeting of the Province Development Council, Sanchez said Pedernales’ inhabitants face a very difficult situation by the lack of jobs, which spiraled when three companies halted operations, laying off as many as 1,500 people.

    “I am calling on party colleague, president Danilo Medina, whom I trust, to make urgent decisions regarding the definitive launch of the tourism development project in this province, or it will be too late,” Sanchez said.

    “We have been fighting for the lands of Bahia de las Aguilas for 20 years, the case is in court, but the situation has yet to be defined, so a final decision is required or Pedernales will lose its Dominican population,” the lawmaker said.

    He said more than 500 jobs were lost as the result of the bauxite miner DOVEMCO halting operations, which he affirms hurt commerce. “Adding to the problem is the tax levied on the free zone, which threatens to leave dozens of households without income.”

    Source: DT

    Feb 14, 2017

    Category: DR News |
    We will build a wall and the Haitians will pay for it. Where have I heard that idea before, where?

  3. Likes jstarebel, KITTU, Sylvie Chartier liked this post
  4. #3
    Gold
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    5,102
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Sometimes it seems like a world wide plan to move around people groups and bring colliding cultures together. 

    folding my tin foil hat

  5. Likes rubio_higuey, sanpedrogringo, spmc liked this post
  6. #4
    99.9% Regular User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,819
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The solution seems straight forward albeit costly. Round up the illegals, around the clock day after day until none are left. Tattoo, "Property of Haiti" on their foreheads and send them back across the border. On their way out, make sure they know that if they are caught again, they will spend 5 years walking the highways and byways of the DR picking up trash under guard for no pay and only 2200 calories per day from cold rice and beans before being sent home again. 

    As witnessed elsewhere in the world, just sending those with little to lose back across the border is only a temporary reprieve before they are back again for attempt number X.

  7. Likes Gurabo444, Sylvie Chartier, cavok liked this post
    Dislikes Julia31, joe disliked this post
  8. #5
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    578
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mauricio View Post
    Sometimes it seems like a world wide plan to move around people groups and bring colliding cultures together. 

    folding my tin foil hat
    It's the New World Order, dude! Thank the Clintons and all for that!

  9. Likes Garyexpat, lacyla123, spmc liked this post
  10. #6
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,451
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Wow, this topic really brings out the best of hating.
    "Reply with Quote" Steve brings his Trumpet, Buster brings his shade of 1930's Germany, and Sushi's Dad hits the Blame Clinton button.
    What's next, a blame Barry Obama post?

  11. #7
    Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    104
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RV429 View Post
    Wow, this topic really brings out the best of hating.
    "Reply with Quote" Steve brings his Trumpet, Buster brings his shade of 1930's Germany, and Sushi's Dad hits the Blame Clinton button.
    What's next, a blame Barry Obama post?
    Why not?

  12. Likes sanpedrogringo, Garyexpat liked this post
    Dislikes Meemselle disliked this post
  13. #8
    I never learn...
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    23,337
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RV429 View Post
    Wow, this topic really brings out the best of hating.
    "Reply with Quote" Steve brings his Trumpet, Buster brings his shade of 1930's Germany, and Sushi's Dad hits the Blame Clinton button.
    What's next, a blame Barry Obama post?
    Why you got a problem with the truth? The truth is Haiti is a failed state that the UN has made little progress in straightening out. Haitians breed faster than rabbits , even when they are starving. Noticed the same thing in Ethiopia when I was there in 1986 for famine relief. People seem to produce more kids when they have nothing. Pretty well every Haitian girl/woman living in the DR that isn't pregnant soon will be. They will out breed the Dominicans and take over by sheer numbers. The DR government needs to control this influx.

  14. #9
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    23,870
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cdn_Gringo View Post
    The solution seems straight forward albeit costly. Round up the illegals, around the clock day after day until none are left. Tattoo, "Property of Haiti" on their foreheads and send them back across the border. On their way out, make sure they know that if they are caught again, they will spend 5 years walking the highways and byways of the DR picking up trash under guard for no pay and only 2200 calories per day from cold rice and beans before being sent home again. 

    As witnessed elsewhere in the world, just sending those with little to lose back across the border is only a temporary reprieve before they are back again for attempt number X.
    It has been clear to me that the DR was going to do something about the massive Haitian problem here. The two year regularization program for anyone here illegally and not just Haitian, which was a one time only event to get legal, is over.

    Recently a few non-Haitians get rounded up to show a lack of prejudice against just Haitians, and soon... We will see what happens soon. I expect large actions against illegal Haitians soon.

  15. #10
    I love infractions!
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,969
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mauricio View Post
    Sometimes it seems like a world wide plan to move around people groups and bring colliding cultures together. 

    folding my tin foil hat
    Not good. Certain groups collide for reasons. Today's generation wants to fix all the world's problems before lunchtime, with no clue from a historical perspective.

  16. Likes cbmitch9, Garyexpat, Mauricio, spmc liked this post
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO