Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Haitians will take over Dominican SW province ‘soon’

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NALs View Post

In part because they have become experts at taking a mess and making it a bigger mess. The Haitian government has over 200 years under their belt doing just that. You can't teach new tricks to an old dog sort of thing.
    Man, you couldn't be more wrong. Under Trujillo, the DR trailed Haiti in Per Capita Income by a large margin. I think it was 4-1 ratio. It was under papa doc and baby doc Duvalier that the Haitian government and people faltered which also was during the 50's.

Haiti also lent assistance to other nations like the French Congo during the 60's. (That one didn't work out to well because it most likely resulted in the HIV infection that set off the pandemic in the Americas Europe, and Austria of the dominant subtype B strain.)

Before that time, Haiti routinely invaded and kicked the Dominicans around and looked down on their poor backward neighbors. Times have obviously changed.

And, please, do some research before replying with a snappy reply.

2. Likes cbmitch9 liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob saunders View Post
    Why you got a problem with the truth? The truth is Haiti is a failed state that the UN has made little progress in straightening out. Haitians breed faster than rabbits , even when they are starving. Noticed the same thing in Ethiopia when I was there in 1986 for famine relief. People seem to produce more kids when they have nothing. Pretty well every Haitian girl/woman living in the DR that isn't pregnant soon will be. They will out breed the Dominicans and take over by sheer numbers. The DR government needs to control this influx.
    Bob, you sound like a major league bigot. All third world inhabitants have high birth rate. Its a result of no access to contraception and cultural norms of big families. My cousin in the DR has 10 kids and no job! The SOB won't stop having kids even after I cursed him out. However, you failed to mentioned the mortality rate of the countries. Yes, they breed a lot, but the survival rate is half of developed countries. Haitians are not going to take over the Perdenales region because the breed more, but because they are used to a hard life without prospects or jobs. Dominicans are abandoning ship in droves. Yet your reasoning is because they breed like rabbits, BTW: both the countries you mentioned are predominantly black. Racist much?

4. Likes Tarheel, Derfish, Meemselle, ThunderPants liked this post
    Dislikes sanpedrogringo disliked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ExDR View Post
    Bob, you sound like a major league bigot. All third world inhabitants have high birth rate. Its a result of no access to contraception and cultural norms of big families. My cousin in the DR has 10 kids and no job! The SOB won't stop having kids even after I cursed him out. However, you failed to mentioned the mortality rate of the countries. Yes, they breed a lot, but the survival rate is half of developed countries. Haitians are not going to take over the Perdenales region because the breed more, but because they are used to a hard life without prospects or jobs. Dominicans are abandoning ship in droves. Yet your reasoning is because they breed like rabbits, BTW: both the countries you mentioned are predominantly black. Racist much?
    Welcome to DR1, where it is chic to compare black people to animals

Now, wait, you are going to get the usual but all my wife cousins son's neighbor brothers are married to every single country on earth

6. Likes cbmitch9, Tarheel, Derfish, ThunderPants liked this post
    Dislikes sanpedrogringo disliked this post
    I never learn...
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ExDR View Post
    They produce more Children than Dominicans, even with the child mortality rate, which of course is different for Haitians born in the DR than Haitians born in Haiti.

8. Likes sanpedrogringo liked this post
    I never learn...
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Africaida View Post

Now, wait, you are going to get the usual but all my wife cousins son's neighbor brothers are married to every single country on earth
    It is an analogy, nothing more, but then you know that. Rabbits are cute and soft.

10. Likes Sylvie Chartier liked this post
    Dislikes Meemselle disliked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you folks think that the Haitian populace enjoys what's going on in their country? Instead of constantly throwing money at a a situation, why not teach them, re-educate them on their socio-political system which seems to not be functioning. It's simple isn't it? But then, who wants simplicity. Chaos rules. The constant back-and-forth of trying to compare a failed state with a failing/slash up and coming state just doesn't cut it. It's easy to look down when your dinner plate is full until you no longer have anything to eat.

12. Likes ExDR, Meemselle liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Africaida View Post

Uhm. . . yeah. . .right because nobody has ever used the same exact phrase for white people? What does race have to do with breeding like rabbits?

14. Likes sanpedrogringo, spmc liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rafael View Post
    Uhm. . . yeah. . .right because nobody has ever used the same exact phrase for white people? What does race have to do with breeding like rabbits?
    If you do find it on this site, link it, I may have overlooked them.

Thank you for your help.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LTSteve View Post
    We will build a wall and the Haitians will pay for it. Where have I heard that idea before, where?

Emperor Qin Shi Huang - Ming Dynasty

17. Likes sanpedrogringo liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

If the Dominicans can't make it economically in the SW why does anybody think the Haitians can? This doesn't make sense.

19. Likes ExDR liked this post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast