Traveling from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana

Sandy G

Mar 2, 2002
Arriving SD need to get to punta cana. Pre-booked transfers are 250 US$..can I wing it? My sense as a long time by-the-seat-of-my-pants traveller that I can do better. Any advice? How long should the trip take? Safety, due to the kids, is most important. Can I get a private cab? rent a car? I have 3 small kids but we're game....

rasilm

Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
Transfer Santo Domingo / Punta Cana

Hello,

Transfer from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana cost you US$98.00 dollars for the trip each way, it takes around 3 1/2 hours driving safely. If you are interested e-mail me, thats my daily job.

Rafael

John El ?nico

Jan 9, 2002
Sandy, you better go with with Rafael.
You will be arriving in Las Americas airport, which is not exactly in Santo Domingo.
you can take a taxi to santo domingo (25dlls) and take the bus to punta cana (another 30dlls for 4) the bus leave at 7am and 4pm.
You are in vacation, why to deal with jam traffic in SD and few more hours traveling just to save 40 dlls.?
Take the 98 dlls taxi he is offering to you and you will be more safe.
I dont recomend to you to rent a car traveling with 3 kids, if you havent drive in DR before.

Sandy G

Mar 2, 2002
Thank you John and rafeal..I'll be in touch with Raphael tomorrow am. 3 1/2 hours???? Yikes! We're heading to Allegro Bavaro. Does that help?