Congrats to Bob Saunders

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
Bob,

Does this mean that you now can automatically dance Bachata and Merengue like a pro? Hit a ball out of the park? Cook up a mean Sancocho? Play dominos while screaming at the top of your lungs and no longer tell time and lost all ability to drive a car/truck?

Congrats!

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
so If I overstay the 30 dias Can I hide out with you Bob ?
lol

CONGRATS on your Dominican Citizenship Mr Bob .. All the Best .

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Bob,

Does this mean that you now can automatically dance Bachata and Merengue like a pro? Hit a ball out of the park? Cook up a mean Sancocho? Play dominos while screaming at the top of your lungs and no longer tell time and lost all ability to drive a car/truck?

Congrats!

I can drive like a Dominican, play baseball and cook a sancocho but as far as dancing and playing Dominos, nope. I automatically gave a person wrong direction today though.

Sep 4, 2012
Ceremony was on Dominican time, an hour late. 72 new Dominicans today, 13 of them from Cuba, 6 from Venezuela , 5 Italians, ....26 countries in total.

I understand why the rest of that group would want to become Dominicans but Cubans?

I don't get it. BTW, Bob, you've been formally/officially "Aplatanado," congratulations!

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
You know, at some point, I considered renting a condo in Bavaro, but after the back and forth for 8 years,it confounds me as to why some would want to live here, much less become a citizen.
Each time I visit, my BS meter pegs around the three day mark, and I can't wait to return to my version of sanity. I've visited Juan dolio, Sosuwer, PC, Santo Domingo,BC, cabarete, Dajabon, Monti cristi, PP, and Santiago.
This time I'll be doing four days in Bavaro, which should be a breeze, cause I plan to stay away from Steve's Bar, the carwash, and, of course, Drinkpoint.
I DON'T do the tourist thing, as the ex, and current are Dominicanas.
What am I missing here?

Last edited: