Kids Program at Allegro Bavaro

Sandy G

Mar 2, 2002
Can't seem to get any details or reviews on kids programs....anyone out there with news? I don't really care if they stay with me all day, but if I can find them some fun, I do get more time with hubby. Kids 8,7,5

Jodi

Jan 2, 2002
Hi Sandy,

I was at Allegro Bavaro for a week in October. My little one (1 and a half at the time) was too young for the children's program...but we walked by the children's play room/facility every day. Looks very well equipt with swings, slide etc. outside and and air conditioned play room. Every evening, the children who were participating in the children's group would get up on the stage and sing some of the songs they had learned that day. (My son Dominic, insisted on participating in this regardless of the fact that he was just a baby!) I saw a group of them at the beach one afternoon too. They seemed to be having a blast. The pool has a nice big shallow section for kids. All in all, the resort is very "family friendly." Have a great time!

Jodi

khughes

Feb 4, 2002
allegro restor

Hi Jody, what did you thing of the allegro? i am going with my husband and 17 year old daughter just wondering what your thought were about the place we are really beach people and love the water how was the beach? thank you

khughes

Feb 4, 2002
[sandi, leaving on the 16 of march can check this out for you if you wnat it is alos my first time at the resort i have a 17 year old daughter i hoping she can find a few thing that interest her also i am sure it wont be the kids club but maybe the disco if she is old enought let me know if i can be of any help i am sure i can grab a program for the kids club or something khughes

Sandy G

Mar 2, 2002
I'm going on 3/9-16...so, we'll miss each other. I've been to Club Med Punta Cana and the beach was very nice...quiet water due to barrier reef....perfect for the kids when they were little. The beach wasn't as nice as say, st. maarten, anguilla, st. barts etc...but, the water is aiways Carribean blue and if you walk a bit you can always find that secluded spot you're looking for.

vanessa

Feb 6, 2002
Kids Club

I'll be there from the 9th to the 16th as well!

My nephews (age 7 & 10) have come with us a few times and they always enjoyed th kids club activities. Although most of the activities are geared for younger children. I know that the guy who used to be in charge of the kids club left this year, it's too bad because he was great with the kids.
They organize a number of activities for the kids, including banana boating, horse back riding and pool games. And they have a kids show every night at 8:00 where they sing some songs and usually play a few games on the stage.

Jodi

Jan 2, 2002
khughes, The beach is beautiful there! The water is not particularly calm...totally depends on the conditions on any given day. The sand on the beach is wonderful.

Check out this link for some pictures of my baby on the beach: http://www.worldisround.com/articles/9454/index.html

If you grab a little extra bread from the breakfast buffet and take it into the water, the fish will love you...they're not shy!

eileenhot1

Mar 6, 2002
allegro kids program

My husband and I took my 8 year old grandaughter there last year and she had a ball>> stayed in the pool alot and refused to go into the kids club. They had cute shows with the kids involved at night. We are leaving next week with her sister and brother , but are staying at the "barcelo bavaro beach hotel" I have been there before and liked it better. Enjoy your stay! Eileen

khughes

Feb 4, 2002
allegro resort

Jodi, thank you for the information we did the bread thing in Jamaca last year it was a lot of fun with the underwater camera have a good trip save some sun and fun for me we leave on the march 16 get in at 2:30 i am from Michigan and cant wait to get out of the snow we have have 14 in in the last 4 days have a good trip

]

khughes

Feb 4, 2002
Re: allegro kids program

Eileen, can you give me any more information on the allegro why did you choose and different hotel? i have a 17 year old daughter will she find thing to do? thank you for any information leaving on march 16