Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: MLB RETURNS TODAY / SPRING TRAINING TO START

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

But the greatest Dominican of all was Juan Marichal... the greatest pitcher ever from the DR. As a little boy growing up in Sacramento California I got to see him in action many times at old Candlestick Park. He was my hero along with Willie Mays and I had the great privilege of seeing both of them play in their primes.... now the torch is passed to the greatest world series pitcher of all time.... Mad Bum..... Go Giantssssssssssss..... Goooo Raiderssssssssss

2. Likes Meemselle liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blueceo View Post
    But the greatest Dominican of all was Juan Marichal... the greatest pitcher ever from the DR. As a little boy growing up in Sacramento California I got to see him in action many times at old Candlestick Park. He was my hero along with Willie Mays and I had the great privilege of seeing both of them play in their primes.... now the torch is passed to the greatest world series pitcher of all time.... Mad Bum..... Go Giantssssssssssss..... Goooo Raiderssssssssss
    Jaun Marichal 243-142 2.89 era 2303 k's Pedro Martinez 219-100 2.93 era 3154 k's
    pretty close match up

4. Likes sanpedrogringo, Meemselle liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blueceo View Post
    I agree, and if a Jackie Robinson had broken the color barrier a decade earlier, there would have been other famous Dominican players.   Guayubin Olivo was famous in DR before pitching in US, I think he was over 40 by then. His brother Chi-Chi too. 

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    I agree, and if a Jackie Robinson had broken the color barrier a decade earlier, there would have been other famous Dominican players.   Guayubin Olivo was famous in DR before pitching in US, I think he was over 40 by then. His brother Chi-Chi too. 
    That is very true and what about all the Cuban players from 1960 on that never got a chance.

7. Likes sanpedrogringo, Meemselle liked this post
    I love infractions!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meemselle View Post
    Errrrmmm: except they are no more. However, I do salute them for prepping Pedro Martinez for his career with the Red Sox. And Pedro, if you read his book, LOVED Montreal. Because Pedro Is God.
    Pedro's book was very good.

9. Likes Meemselle liked this post
    I love infractions!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by harry myrtle beach View Post
    I grew up of Com Ave (that's Commonwealth Avenue for you non Bostonian's) and got to every doubleheader during the 50's and 60's with my Dad. Ted was Boston's best. We lived about a mile from the park. Got to see all the greats from the American League. Since moving to South Carolina in 2013 have not been to the Ball Park since,but planning a trip to go to Baltimore during the summer We will visit both the Capital and catch the BOSOX at Camden Yards.
    Harry, do you subscribe to the MLB Package?

I love infractions!
    Post Thanks / Like

That is very true and what about all the Cuban players from 1960 on that never got a chance.
    There was a documentary done on Luis Tiant's return to Cuba for the first time since he left. They discuss some of the Cuban players before him.

12. Likes harry myrtle beach liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meemselle View Post
    That IS a trick question, and I knew that. Sort of like nobody knew Billy Martin was Italian.
    Who are you kidding?

His tantrums within the diamond gave it up long ago.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sanpedrogringo View Post
    Harry, do you subscribe to the MLB Package?
    No I stream everything. But dont tell anyone. LOL

I love infractions!
    Post Thanks / Like

No I stream everything. But dont tell anyone. LOL
    Cool no problem. I've had the package for years. Not from a cable/satellite provider but from MLB-TV. It's only like $120 per season. It's God's gift to baseball fans. Home and away broadcasts, watch, pause and play when you want. No blackouts, which is excellent for people here in the DR.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234