looking for beachfront seafood resturant in PP or nearby

repoman1

Apr 6, 2016
As title says, im looking for good seafood and where I can sit pretty much in the sand. any ideas? btw, I love
conche

BelgianMik

Jul 9, 2015
In Puerto Plata itself there are no restaurants on the beach. 
You have the cassettas, in cassetta 1 (Marola they have seafood, not a big menu, but good). In Kilometer zero the langostas and lambi are really good, but it is not on the beach but in the centre. 
Las palmas also has good seafood, but also in the centre of town. 
Maimon (close to Puerto Plata) are famous for their seafood, but also not on the beach. 

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
If you literally want you toes in the sand, while eating delish seafood,. you need to come to Susua Beach..
Andres is my favorite ( and the favorite of many Dominican families as well ), its much closer to the Charamicos side . He will even set up a Table and chairs ONE THE SAND if you like ... .. We used to do this all the time , with like 8 + people . lots of fun.. and they will give you good service while you are enjoying the playa and the good food & Drink .

repoman1

Apr 6, 2016
cool, sounds good. that is where ill go. thanks

If you literally want you toes in the sand, while eating delish seafood,. you need to come to Susua Beach..
Andres is my favorite ( and the favorite of many Dominican families as well ), its much closer to the Charamicos side . He will even set up a Table and chairs ONE THE SAND if you like ... .. We used to do this all the time , with like 8 + people . lots of fun.. and they will give you good service while you are enjoying the playa and the good food & Drink .

repoman1

Apr 6, 2016
is andres also a hotel? don andres?

Milo Mitt

Jul 21, 2014

Which number is this?

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Which number is this?

just ask anyone on the Charamicos side to show you where he is , i dont have the #.. its a very big place with a BIG BOULDER (Rock) out Front , u cant miss it .. I think he took the name off , idk why ,but its a very trusted place for seafood ..

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
how about restaurants in peublito beach in POP? are they still in business?

torrock

Jun 5, 2006
how about restaurants in peublito beach in POP? are they still in business?

Sabor Latino has great fish, and great drink prices (I usually buy Barcelo by the bottle because I know I'll be there awhile having a great time)

Ramona is fantastic, she works hard to make it an enjoyable experience for all her customers!

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
In Puerto Plata itself there are no restaurants on the beach. 
You have the cassettas, in cassetta 1 (Marola they have seafood, not a big menu, but good). In Kilometer zero the langostas and lambi are really good, but it is not on the beach but in the centre. 
Las palmas also has good seafood, but also in the centre of town. 
Maimon (close to Puerto Plata) are famous for their seafood, but also not on the beach. 

Big Ed has good fish sandwiches for a good price. But not actually beach sea food as one thinks of it.

BelgianMik

Jul 9, 2015
I think you mean Big Lee? He has fish and chips, just like all of the cassettas. The only 2 cassettas with a bit more seafood are Marola at nr 1 and a new guy on nr 6 (he has calamares, shrimps, fish,....) 
Cosita Rica is on the Malecon, but it is not a cassetta, they are between cassetta 5 and 6, but they have been closed for more then 6 months, they are remodeling. I don't know when they will be open again.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Petite Francois is still open yes. 

Is Petite Francois on the beach or upstairs in Pueblito?

Liked the one on the beach, the one upstairs, not so much.

We also go to the furthest east casita in Puerto Plata on the malecon on occasion.

Calleton is a very special location by an hour east of Cabarete.
There are several closer places on the way to Calleton that are popular.

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
Slightly off-topic, but Google Maps shows a vegetarian restaurant on the Malecon beach-side about halfway between Cosita Rica and Belgian Mik's. I have never heard of such a thing. I presume it is long gone?

BelgianMik

Jul 9, 2015
Slightly off-topic, but Google Maps shows a vegetarian restaurant on the Malecon beach-side about halfway between Cosita Rica and Belgian Mik's. I have never heard of such a thing. I presume it is long gone?

I checked Google maps and indeed it says that there is a vegetarian restaurant. But I never heard about it, it has to be something from long ago I think