Dominican elected head of the DNC

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Tom Perez has been elected to head the US Democratic National Committee.

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
I was trying to be politically correct. Yes, he is born in the U.S. Didn't mean to do anything but clarify. Sorry!

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Some interesting background on Perez:

Report Shines Light on Possible Labor Nominee’s Role at DOJ

Perez revealed to investigators that he saw the Voting Rights Act as only providing protection to specific, historic minorities, not all citizens:

CRT AAG Perez stated that interpreting Section 5’s retrogressive-effects standard to not cover White citizens was consistent with the Division’s longstanding practice, as well as case law interpreting the provision and the intent behind its enactment… Perez noted that the Division has always understood the term ‘minority’ to mean not numerical minority but rather ‘an identifiable and specially disadvantaged group.

Perez defended unequal protection to investigators as a practical matter:

According to Perez, applying Section 5’s retrogressive-effect protections to White citizens would create ‘dramatic complications’ … noting that ‘many voting changes … will almost always have some racial effect in some direction,’ and if the retrogressive-effect standard protects everyone, then virtually no proposed voting changes would ever be approved.

Perez further defended unequal protection by claiming:

To not cover White citizens was consistent with the Division’s longstanding practice.

Yet three former Assistant Attorney Generals from the previous administration disputed Perez’s interpretation of division practices:

At Least three AAGs from the previous administration told the OIG that Division leadership at that time did not have a policy to interpret Section 5’s retrogressive-effect prong such that it would not cover White Citizens.

Sounds like the perfect Democrat racist for the job!

Jan 7, 2016
So......how does this effect the Dominican Republic? He's not Dominican, and never has been by birth in New York. Just another bleeding-heart leftist trying to help the Democrats out of their Political Funk. It'll last a few more weeks, and they'll bust him for something and re-insert #2, and then everything will be hunky-dory with the Leftist Racist Democratic Party again!

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
There has been some interesting tweets back and forth between Perez and the Donald.

ZC1

Dec 8, 2013
Another Liberal Lunatic brainwashed at Brown University

Technically you suppose he is American? He was born in Buffalo!

Having Tom Perez and Keith Ellison head up the DNC reminds me of Thing # 1 and Thing # 2 from Dr. Seuss' book "The Cat In The Hat". Together these two will dissolve the Democratic Party.

While Tom Perez is a decendant of well respected Dominicans (The Brache Family - Grupo RICA), I can assure you that President Trump's ties to the Dominican Republic are far stonger than that of Perez.

cbmitch9

Bronze
Nov 3, 2010
Reading some of the posts that have been made on this thread, you would think that this guy is the next coming of the anti-christ and everyone else is so full of love, purity and holiness. Chill folks, most if not all of you are living in Paradise. Nice to see that someone with roots from the DR is trying to make positive change regardless of his political affiliation. I am proud of him. Whether he was a Dem, Repub, Libertarian, or Tea Party, I would have felt the same way. He will be someone for the kids from the DR, the Caribbean, and wherever else to look up to and see what hard work can do. Politics is a dirty sport and hopefully he doesn't lose his way. Good luck to him

southern

I love Hillary!
Dec 13, 2016
Reading some of the posts that have been made on this thread, you would think that this guy is the next coming of the anti-christ and everyone else is so full of love, purity and holiness. Chill folks, most if not all of you are living in Paradise. Nice to see that someone with roots from the DR is trying to make positive change regardless of his political affiliation. I am proud of him. Whether he was a Dem, Repub, Libertarian, or Tea Party, I would have felt the same way. He will be someone for the kids from the DR, the Caribbean, and wherever else to look up to and see what hard work can do. Politics is a dirty sport and hopefully he doesn't lose his way. Good luck to him

Unfortunately unless he can play baseball or rap,sing, dance no Dominican kid will be interested.

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
I thought the Jew hating Nation of Islam guy is now the #2 at the DNC...

They had to do that to appease the radicals within their party. The Party of Appeasement. If you don't appease them they riot under the guise of Freedom of Speech.

pkaide1

Bronze
Aug 10, 2005

Stop the polical correct bs, he is just american nothing to do with dr. Some medias in the us are saying he is the first latino to be elected president for the DNC. He is just another american elected to run this organization. I do not get all the nonsense coming from the democrat party and democrat us media always trying to divide people by race. Very sick people.

Last edited:

cbmitch9

Bronze
Nov 3, 2010
Stop the polical correct bs, he is just american nothing to do with dr. Some medias in the us are saying he is the first latino to be elected president for the DNC. He is just another american elected to run this organization. I do not get all the nonsense coming from the democrat party and democrat us media always trying to divide people by race. Very sick people.

It's not political correctness bs at all. But you're entitled to your opinion as I am to mine. But spewing vitriol helps no one and betters nothing. In my opinion neither one of them are any better than the other. They are the same thing with different colored stripes. Dems and Repubs are only interested in their own existence but this thread ain't about that.