Minor's Permit For Traveling Abroad

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Has anyone taken a Dominican minor out of the country this year? The minor will be traveling with the mother. The father, who agrees, is in The States, and has to do a "poder".

I hear mixed opinions regarding the procedure. So there's an online application to get the permit from Migracion, but you still have to go to Migración in person anyway to request the permit?
And also, the Migración website says you still need a Guarda, put I talked to a "Fiscal de Menores" and he says you don't need a guarda, but that the mother also needs to do an affidavit.

I'd appreciate any recent first hand info.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I did it several years ago, so my experience probably doesn't count, but on another note: if the minor traveling has no Dominican parents, I think there's no permit needed. Just in case that applies here.

Feb 7, 2007
Get the father sign the permit, drafter by lawyer, at Dr consulate. Send to mother in Dr. She needs to upload the whole package to DGM system. Couple of hours later she will get an email to go pick up the printed permit by DGM at which point she has to bring originals which are checked against uploaded docs and then given the DGM printed permit.

Docs to upload.
Passport size pictures
Permit by father
Copy of cédula or passport of father
Copy of passport of Mother
Copy of passport of child
Copy of visa if applicable of both
Copy of Bank receipt for payment
Copy of legalized birth certificate of minor

You will be guided by DGM online system to upload the docs and fill in required information, in multiple steps.

You cannot just show up at DGM in person with the docs in hand without prior upload and them giving you a go ahead to come.

mxcutie

Jan 12, 2010
Just took my son out of the country in December. You have to upload the paperwork onto the migración website and then take the physical papers and deposit them in the Malecón Center. They say it takes an hour, but we deposited at 12pm and didn't get ours until almost 5pm. There was one lady that deposited her paperwork at 9am and was still there when we left. A big pin, just like most other processes with paperwork here.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Just took my son out of the country in December. You have to upload the paperwork onto the migración website and then take the physical papers and deposit them in the Malecón Center. They say it takes an hour, but we deposited at 12pm and didn't get ours until almost 5pm. There was one lady that deposited her paperwork at 9am and was still there when we left. A big pin, just like most other processes with paperwork here.
What if the kid is leaving via STI? Do you still need to go to Malecón Center?