Turkey fryer

May 29, 2006
You can get them at most hardware stores. Made in China using tire rims. It's the big stock pot that will be hard to get and expensive if you can find one.

If you buy one to bring down, keep it factory sealed and expect a delay when checking in case they decide to swab it. I brought down one from Bass Pro Shop that was only $35, but the pot wasn't for frying turkey and small enough to pack on carry on unassembled. You'll need to buy a new regulator and some other small parts.

181884.jpg

If you get a Camp Chef stove, it's more versitile since has more accessories, including a heavy duty $50 grill(worth it) I think you can bring a $125 two burner stove without going over on size or weight, but you should check. They come in single, double and triple burner models. Prices are hit or miss.

shopping

May 29, 2006
Dominicans will prefer pollo al carbon and you can get a cooker made from an old 25 pound propane or refrigerant tank for $RD1000-$RD1500. They come in much bigger sizes as well. I'm thinking of making China Box cooker for Easter.

Kip

Aug 21, 2015
Bellon at Rafael Vidal & Duarte has them.

Sent from cigar country via smoke signal...

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
..........Good idea, never thought about that....makes perfect sense, fry something big in gallons of very hot grease, maybe Dominicans invented it........Doc.......