Online residency renewal problems !!!

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Time has come for good ol PJT to renew his residency with immigration. However, the online process has become a vicious circle.

PJT has all the necessary documents. He went online, set up a user name and password, scanned his documents, filled out the application, and supposedly uploaded the data.

The shortfall of the system is there is no clear indicator within the migracion website to flag you of a successful upload of information, including the scanned documents in jpg format.

PJT was notified by email by migracion to modify his submission. He reentered the website. However, the kicker is, the website is not allowing the scanned files to be uploaded because the page for the upload cannot be accessed.

What to do? Talked with the Punta Cana migracion and they say wait for migracion to ask for modification, by phone with migracion in Santo Domingo and they say wait for request for modification, by phone to migracion's automated phone messages again "wait for modification request".

Well how can one modify if he cannot access the website pages to modify, upload, and receive acknowledgement of a successful upload.

It is a vicious circle, need human intervention.

Can't find people to say I can help you.

Any advice or contact information?

Regards,

PJT

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
What size was your JPG documents? How many KB was the largest Document probably your passport? Will be trying myself tomorrow.

XTraveller

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
If PJT has two feet, he should use them.

Cara a cara will suit PJT better, methinks 

Celt202 joshes PJT in the third person goodnaturedly and advises to go face to face as well.

Celt202 learned many years ago to do just that and treat bureaucrats with respect as if they ar the most important people in the world.

End Josh

A little hypocrisy in the face of people I despise goes a long way.

I was in three movies some years ago as an extra.

The academy ignored my work and I went on to other things.

I coulda won an Oscar.

Back on topic, go to the nearest office, treat them respectfully and sit on them.

My recent renewal was pure Through The Looking Glass bizarre.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
If PJT has two feet, he should use them.

Cara a cara will suit PJT better, methinks 

PJT does have two fee but it is a very long walk to Santo Domingo from the east. The need is to prepare, obtain a name, a name of someone within the bureaucracy that will take time to listen and resolve, not pass the buck.

Regards,

PJT

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
PJT May Have Found Solution

Today I renewed my Temporary Residence online. In typical Dominican life as I was uploading Documents “la Luz se Fui” therefore for me no internet. When internet came back I had trouble getting back to upload page to complete my application. After browsing thru the web site I was able to access again the upload page. This is how I mange.
1. Open my sign in
2. Went to mi pagina (top right)
3. Aplicatciones
4. In Lista under “Estado de Solictud” click on “Editor” (something like this)
This opens up the upload page; I continued upload the rest of the documents and followed until “Completa”. Now my application is under evaluation.
Let me know if this Help, if we have the same appointment date maybe we can meet up at Santo Domingo DGM.
Not user friendly web site and without instructions.

XTraveller

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
BTW, I have the same problem renewing my NEXUS card....too much for me.

I used my two feet (and a car) to go a border crossing and straighten it out face to face.
The secretary said I was one of many who couldn't navigate the maze.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Today I renewed my Temporary Residence online. In typical Dominican life as I was uploading Documents “la Luz se Fui” therefore for me no internet. When internet came back I had trouble getting back to upload page to complete my application. After browsing thru the web site I was able to access again the upload page. This is how I mange.
1. Open my sign in
2. Went to mi pagina (top right)
3. Aplicatciones
4. In Lista under “Estado de Solictud” click on “Editor” (something like this)
This opens up the upload page; I continued upload the rest of the documents and followed until “Completa”. Now my application is under evaluation.
Let me know if this Help, if we have the same appointment date maybe we can meet up at Santo Domingo DGM.
Not user friendly web site and without instructions.

XTraveller

Thanks for your review of the process. However, the migracion website only allowed this guy to arrive to the upload page and then would not perform the upload of correctly formatted documents.

The good news is PJT again went to the Punta Cana migracion office and three, yes three, people there went about resolving the problem. They got a taste of PJT's dilemma when they could not upload the documents. They contacted Santo Domingo and working with data techs there were able to clear away the snafu.

Keep you folks posted on how things proceed.

Regards,

PJT

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Caribmike will continue to let do Candy the work. I have no time to be bothered by yet another Dominican no sirve (or only with Dominican logic) web page.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
PJT does have two fee but it is a very long walk to Santo Domingo from the east. The need is to prepare, obtain a name, a name of someone within the bureaucracy that will take time to listen and resolve, not pass the buck.

Regards,

PJT

It's a long walk and the same procedure for everyone. Get over it.

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
Thanks for your review of the process. However, the migracion website only allowed this guy to arrive to the upload page and then would not perform the upload of correctly formatted documents.

The good news is PJT again went to the Punta Cana migracion office and three, yes three, people there went about resolving the problem. They got a taste of PJT's dilemma when they could not upload the documents. They contacted Santo Domingo and working with data techs there were able to clear away the snafu.

Keep you folks posted on how things proceed.

Regards,

PJT

Thanks for the info. What do you mean by correctly formatted documents?

Keep us inform,

Xtraveller

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
What do you mean by correctly formatted documents?

The website tells you to send by digital format. However, there are different digital formats.

The one they want is .jpg format. They should outright say .jpg

Regards,

PJT

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Thanks for the info. What do you mean by correctly formatted documents?

Keep us inform,

Xtraveller

I just took pictures with my phone and/ or tablet and uploaded them. Worked just fine. Maybe i was lucky and thats jpg format . ;)