Santo Domingo - La Romana

Agata Szostek

Mar 1, 2017
Hey!

I've been searching everywhere for tips on how to travel between SD and La Romana and i'e only found this:

Express Bus is the service from Santo Dmg to La Romana. Buses depart from Ravelo Street, in front of Enriquillo Park, on the hour (5am to 9pm). There is no office and no phone. You pay the fare once on the bus (around $US4). It's usually very crowded and a bit of a free for all. Watch out for pick pockets and watch your luggage if the bus makes stops before La Romana! That area is not safe after dark and I wouldn't recommend even going into Enriquillo Park during the day unless you stay together as a large group.

Can anybody confirm this is the only way ?:)

Thanks in advance!

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
Also..

is any of the big buses driving from SD to Punta Cana maybe go/stop through La Romana ?

I did see a larger bus depot area in LA, that had a significant variety of buses parked there and a waiting area.
Which are daily public vs. charter IDK.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
There is a bus company near to Parque Enriquillo, SICHOEM, they take you to La Romana express and will be there in 1hr and 30 minutes. That will be your best option.

Agata Szostek

Mar 1, 2017
There is a bus company near to Parque Enriquillo, SICHOEM, they take you to La Romana express and will be there in 1hr and 30 minutes. That will be your best option.

oh, thats great!:) do you know if they have a website or how often do the leave?
Is that true that this Enriquillo park is dangerous?

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
There is also Expreso Romana. Station is near Sichoem. Sichoem buses leave every 20 minutes. I don't know about Expreso Romana. We took it a few weeks ago, it just happened to be there, I asked when does it leave, two minutes, we left.

Any taxi driver can talk to the paradas for these two bus companies. You don't have to go to the park. I don't know what that one hour stuff is about.