Temporary health insurance while visiting

Clermont

Nov 5, 2015
Know any quality companies that offer temporary health insurance in case (God forbid) I have a medical emergency while I'm there next month? I contacted the U.S. embassy but, of course, like any federal agency they were utterly worthless and told me they don't provide such information. Thanks in advance for any helpful feedback.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I've heard that several do, but even with insurance here - God forbid you do have an actual medical emergency!

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
I don't think that local companies would cover you for a short-term visit. You could, however, investigate traveler health insurance. Also, check with your insurer at home. A few companies, including mine, allow direct billing for inpatient care at participating medical centers.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Know any quality companies that offer temporary health insurance in case (God forbid) I have a medical emergency while I'm there next month? I contacted the U.S. embassy but, of course, like any federal agency they were utterly worthless and told me they don't provide such information. Thanks in advance for any helpful feedback.

Did you check with the health insurance company you have in the States to see if they have any international coverage or if you can buy international coverage? You can go on-line and there are many companies that will quote you on International Health Insurance.

cbmitch9

Bronze
Nov 3, 2010
If you are travelling short term, then you can purchase travel insurance. Also, if you have health insurance, most of them do cover you during travel.

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
If you have a AMEX card they have good travlers ins., We've had it for year. Most bills here are much less then in the US. You have to pay it. Most Hosp. take a credit card and you turn it in when you get home. There is usually a 30 day limit on the Ins.