Thread: Miches Attraction in NYTimes

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Miches Attraction in NYTimes

I don't recall seeing this anywhere here.....

for the thrill seekers.....

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/02/t...tionfront&_r=0

Post Thanks / Like

I want to go on that swing

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

They have about 6 or 7 swings up there. If you have never been its really a beautiful spot to check out. Naturally there is a fee to get a ride to the top. You can also drive yourself up but its pretty sketchy and there is still a fee.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

My opinion is that Miches is a scruffy town. However it's surrounding areas, beaches, mountains, country side, are really the most unspoiled, most beautiful part of this country.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Montana Rotundra is not in Miches. Its 5 miles or so south. The Hotel Loma in Miches also has good views and it had a swing but not sure if it still does.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

For those that are not familiars with the area, and are from North Coast, Santo Domingo or South West, faster way to get there is taking the road from El Seibo to Miches, will save you hours. Do not go over Punta Cana hightway.

7. Likes KyleMackey, jinty05 liked this post
    Poll's Forum Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joe View Post
    My opinion is that Miches is a scruffy town. However it's surrounding areas, beaches, mountains, country side, are really the most unspoiled, most beautiful part of this country.
    That's going to change soon. Cisneros has big plans not just for the nearby beach, but also the town.

Might want to listen after 1 minute and 50 seconds (you can put your cursor on the timeline and when you see that particular time, click on it).

He doesn't say much of what his plan will do to the town, but I've seen the overview of the plan for the area and Miches will get a facelift.

By the way, its interesting to see Mr. Bigio there (the bald guy on the left). I think the Bigio's is one of the billionaire families from Haiti, perhaps the richest of them all.
    Last edited by NALs; 03-06-2017 at 10:41 AM.

Moderator Polls Forum

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Tropicalia-Miches has been in the works for some time now.