Miches Attraction in NYTimes

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
They have about 6 or 7 swings up there. If you have never been its really a beautiful spot to check out. Naturally there is a fee to get a ride to the top. You can also drive yourself up but its pretty sketchy and there is still a fee.

joe

Brain Donor!
Jan 12, 2016
My opinion is that Miches is a scruffy town. However it's surrounding areas, beaches, mountains, country side, are really the most unspoiled, most beautiful part of this country.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Montana Rotundra is not in Miches. Its 5 miles or so south. The Hotel Loma in Miches also has good views and it had a swing but not sure if it still does.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
For those that are not familiars with the area, and are from North Coast, Santo Domingo or South West, faster way to get there is taking the road from El Seibo to Miches, will save you hours. Do not go over Punta Cana hightway.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
My opinion is that Miches is a scruffy town. However it's surrounding areas, beaches, mountains, country side, are really the most unspoiled, most beautiful part of this country.
That's going to change soon. Cisneros has big plans not just for the nearby beach, but also the town.

Might want to listen after 1 minute and 50 seconds (you can put your cursor on the timeline and when you see that particular time, click on it).

[video=youtube;57_czXCl2es]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57_czXCl2es[/video]

He doesn't say much of what his plan will do to the town, but I've seen the overview of the plan for the area and Miches will get a facelift.

By the way, its interesting to see Mr. Bigio there (the bald guy on the left). I think the Bigio's is one of the billionaire families from Haiti, perhaps the richest of them all.

Last edited: