Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Leaning Tower of JD

I love infractions!
    Post Thanks / Like

This is the method that worked for me in posting pics. I used 640x480. Thank you to bigbird.
    "Where it says browse click and search your pc for the photo to upload.
    Where it says resize either select 640x480 or 800x600.
    Next click upload (you may be asked for a code to prove you are not a robot).
    Once the pic is uploaded copy and past the link that says for message boards into your DR1 post."

I love infractions!
    Post Thanks / Like

The photos above were taken on March 5th, 2017.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Am I understanding this correctly? Someone wants to complete this and expects people to actually pay to live there????? Hahahaha

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

4. Likes sanpedrogringo, dulce liked this post
    I love infractions!
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know what's more unbelievable, that they want people to live there, or that I was finally able to upload photos.

6. Likes CFA123, dulce liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    Am I understanding this correctly? Someone wants to complete this and expects people to actually pay to live there????? Hahahaha
    I still don't see it "leaning."

I love infractions!
    Post Thanks / Like

What you see, is what you get. With the exception of the recent concrete siding, the building has sat there in this condition for at least 10 years. The following are my past references to the infamous Leaning Tower of JD on other threads.
    1. "What I can say, is that there is work taking place on the "skeleton tower" next to Albatros. Very scary indeed. This skeleton tower has been sitting there for I don't know how long. Every person, expat and Dominican, that I have spoken to over the last few years, has told me that this project was cancelled and condemned, because the frame was constructed using below standard concrete and framing techniques, and the owners/builders took off to parts unknown. Again how long this concrete tower has existed is anybody's guess, just sitting there exposed to the elements. Well now, it has been fenced off, and there is some concrete flashing occurring on the upper levels. Not reinforcement of any kind, but just flashing. No ads. No signage. This tower actually seems to lean, and I know of many people that were concerned that it may come crashing down if a huge storm were to hit. I myself, never walked on that side of the street. I was going to ask the workers a few questions, but hunger set in, and I opted to go to lunch."
    2. "The Leaning Tower of Juan Dolio....this is the "structure" next to Albatros, that yes, is leaning. A new, zink sheet fence (gotta love them) with a real padlock now runs the length of this odd creature. The side walls have been flashed over to give a concrete appearance, but does anybody really know? Nothing more/nothing less. Very bizarre."

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Photos need to be shot at 90 degrees from the direction it is leaning in order to truly see the lean.

Moderator - North Coast Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

it does not look like it's leaning from those angles but on the last photo something looks a bit off. feels like the windows are uneven in relation to other floors/sides, perhaps?

North Coast Moderator

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting the photos. I appreciate the effort. That place is fugly!

12. Likes sanpedrogringo liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast