The Leaning Tower of JD

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
No, and no. Other than the website which was on their poster, and related phone numbers, there is no other affiliate information. Friends I have in Juan Dolio tell me that it is an indepedent project, not involved with Metro, but nobody knows anything else. The building has sat there for years unfinished, and tilting. In the last 4 months, scaffolding was erected, and some exterior flashing had begun, then stopped.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I tried to tell the to use a plumb bob line instead of a 6 ft. level, but nooooooooooooo.

Joe Boots

Jun 16, 2008
Ah the Roxi bar miss it.

20161208_132205.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
Ah the Roxi bar miss it.

20161208_132205.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The previous owner, a Red Sox fan, sold the bar and the right's back to the house last fall. The owner of the hotel, passed it on to his son, who has his girlfriend/wife managing it. The rest of the staff is the same. Basically the same setup, minus the parrots, and they've been trying to make some modernizations in the surrounding area of the bar (kitchen-dining area), but they are moving very slow. Nice flat screen tv, and they don't mind passing the control if you want to put a game or news on.

Apr 10, 2014
The previous owner, a Red Sox fan, sold the bar and the right's back to the house last fall. The owner of the hotel, passed it on to his son, who has his girlfriend/wife managing it. The rest of the staff is the same. Basically the same setup, minus the parrots, and they've been trying to make some modernizations in the surrounding area of the bar (kitchen-dining area), but they are moving very slow. Nice flat screen tv, and they don't mind passing the control if you want to put a game or news on.
The owner of the hotel used gangster tactics to throw out Glen who was the bar owner and probably one of the nicest gentleman one could meet. I would never step foot in that establishment again.

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
Last time I was there was on March 5th, when I found out the name of the project. Joe Boots and Hard Times Doug knew about the bar in Plaza Real, so I figured maybe they had some updated info. I still have the pictures, but I have to figure out how to use Photo Bucket or maybe add a video through a You Tube link. If I could just post the photos here, as in the body of an email I would have done it back then.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
If I could just post the photos here, as in the body of an email I would have done it back then.

i am too lazy to type in a tutorial but here are instructions from WB from some time ago:

I use TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting and this is what I do:
1. Choose file - browse for the correct photo on your computer.
2. Rezise - select Message Board from the drop down menu.
3. Click the Upload button.
4. When photo uploaded (after a few minutes), copy complete URL from the Message Board box.
5. Paste into DR1 message.
If doing several photos to go into one message, it is wise to copy and past the individual URL's into a Word document or email message until ready to paste them into the DR1 message.