Driver License renewal

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Oops. I forgot to renew my drivers license, it ran out Jan 1st 2017.

I know the steps to take.

What I do not know is if there will be a fine? Will there be another eye exam?

And can I do it somewhere else in Santo Domingo instead of going to the offices on Tiradentes?

Thanks!

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You can go to any office to renew it. I doubt that it matters that you are late. Everyone here is late.

And yes there is always an eye exam when you renew. Of course you know to go to BanReservas and pay the fee first.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Oops. I forgot to renew my drivers license, it ran out Jan 1st 2017.

I know the steps to take.

What I do not know is if there will be a fine? Will there be another eye exam?

And can I do it somewhere else in Santo Domingo instead of going to the offices on Tiradentes?

Thanks!

Its a simple process at the satellite location in Multicentro La Sirena ( i believe 4th floor) This is the one on Churchill across the street from Blue Mall. No late fines and yes a simple eye test. The one hitch is you must make payment at the Banco Ban Reservas first and they supply a payment stub.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Its a simple process at the satellite location in Multicentro La Sirena ( i believe 4th floor) This is the one on Churchill across the street from Blue Mall. No late fines and yes a simple eye test. The one hitch is you must make payment at the Banco Ban Reservas first and they supply a payment stub.

There's a BanReservas branch in Multicentro.

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
Whats the cost for a new license ??.

And can it be renewed two months prior to expiration ?.. Thanks

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Yes it can be renewed two months before expiration. I renewed mine more then two months before expiration.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Way to much over worry about a simple and rather quick procedure to renew your drivers license. You have all the information that you need plus.

Easy to do and really no fuss. Have your papers in order and takes about an hour. Eye chart test that is no challenge even if you need new glasses.

Get it done and THEN report back.

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
Thanks SKY & Caribmike, PERFECT! and I see I don't even have to go to Santo Domingo...

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Has anyone used the license renew place at the La Sirens store in Higuey. Mine expires in September and I will be gone from here from late March till Nov 1 and I was Hoping to renew it before I go. Any guidance woukd be greatly appreciated

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Has anyone used the license renew place at the La Sirens store in Higuey. Mine expires in September and I will be gone from here from late March till Nov 1 and I was Hoping to renew it before I go. Any guidance woukd be greatly appreciated

I did and was very pleased with the service. Took less than 15 minutes to renew. One tip, make sure you go to a BanReservas and pay the fee before you go there. Because the line at the BanReservas at the La Sirena is gigantic.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I did and was very pleased with the service. Took less than 15 minutes to renew. One tip, make sure you go to a BanReservas and pay the fee before you go there. Because the line at the BanReservas at the La Sirena is gigantic.

I don't think I've ever seen a BanReservas that doesn't have a line that would impress line makers every where. But the ones at Sirena are EPIC.

I did mine a couple of months ago and they didn't even bother with an eye exam.

I was at Sirena on Autopista Duarte in Los Accarizos the other day, and they have a little trailer with one very bored kid inside handling renewals.

No line at the trailer, btw.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Would anyone have any idea on

of the schedule of the office in Higuey? I've searched everywhere online and can't even find a phone number for them.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Would anyone have any idea on

of the schedule of the office in Higuey? I've searched everywhere online and can't even find a phone number for them.

They open every weekday at 9 AM. I think they close around 2PM, but only positive on the opening time. Might even be open Sat AM, but not sure of that. Just go on a weekday in the AM and you will be out quick. But pay the fee in BR in SJ Mall before going.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
They open every weekday at 9 AM. I think they close around 2PM, but only positive on the opening time. Might even be open Sat AM, but not sure of that. Just go on a weekday in the AM and you will be out quick. But pay the fee in BR in SJ Mall before going.

Tax already paid today at Punta Cana Village, no line at all. Thing is I work on weekday mornings so I'll take a drive up tomorrow with my fingers crossed. Thanks!

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Tax already paid today at Punta Cana Village, no line at all. Thing is I work on weekday mornings so I'll take a drive up tomorrow with my fingers crossed. Thanks!

The more I think it may close at 3PM. I just remember that it was not open till 5PM. And they may close for lunch. I would go at about 1:30PM.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
For future reference, Transito Terrestre at Multiplaza Higuey is opened on Saturdays. I went at 10:30am and about 8 other people had been in before me. Took all of 15 minutes, easy-peasy. Unfortunately the schedule wasn't posted at the entrance and I forgot to ask afterwards.

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
I’ve searched the forums but came up empty.  How hard to renew license after it has expired.  My husband’s expired in February but he won’t be back in the DR until August.