Banco Popular Santo Domingo

Colin James

Dec 5, 2011
A, A
Does anyone know if the Banco Popular branch At SDQ is a fully functioning branch of the bank or just an atm or Bureau de Change ? I am overnighting in Santo Domingo and the sole purpose of the visit is to visit the bank. Failing that is ther a larger branch anywhere that is close to a major hotel ? Thanks in advance....

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
There are numerous fully functioning branches in the capitol and throughout the country.
In the capitol their HQ (and fully functioning branch) is on the corner of Kennedy and Maximo Gomez. It is 2 blocks from the Hotel Barcelo Lina and there is a Metro stop across the street from the bank.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I think the OP is referring to Santo Domingo airport SDQ.  As far as I am aware, the banco Popular branch at the airport is a fully functioning branch.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
If you are overnighting in Santo Domingo, you will have to leave the airport in any case as there are no hotels at the airport. My advice would be to overnight in the Colonial Zone, there is a large branch of Popular, a lot of hotels to choose from and the area is reasonably safe so you can squeeze in a nice meal and a little sightseeing as well as going to the bank.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Does anyone know if the Banco Popular branch At SDQ is a fully functioning branch of the bank or just an atm or Bureau de Change ? I am overnighting in Santo Domingo and the sole purpose of the visit is to visit the bank. Failing that is ther a larger branch anywhere that is close to a major hotel ? Thanks in advance....

See post #2, that main branch does it ALL.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
I think the OP is referring to Santo Domingo airport SDQ.  As far as I am aware, the banco Popular branch at the airport is a fully functioning branch.

SDQ yes would be the airport code, my mistake. I remember that the Ban Reservas office was full service and there was another office outside but I don't bank with Popular so I don't remember.
He does however say he is overnighting in Santo Domingo so I assume he means the city and obviously there are various branch offices between the airport and the capitol.

Colin James

Dec 5, 2011
A, A
Thanks for the info guys, I was maybe going to stay in Boca Chica and do my business at the airport bank but it is probably more sensible to stay in the city and head for the main HQ. I need one of those security tokens that generates random numbers and my branch never sends me one when they say they have ( I am overseas). I was in Cabarete and registered my new passport with the bank but they didn't tell me that I needed a new token until I was back home !!

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
Boca Chica has a full service branch. The bank building is adjacent to the town square and spitting distance to any number of hotels. Lots and lots of tourists this time of year might make transactions a bit time consuming.