Bus to Cap Hatien

Horace74

Dec 9, 2010
Hi All..........is there still daily bus service from Santiago to Cap Haitien? Anyone had any experience with this? Thanks.

web

Nov 5, 2005
Hi All..........is there still daily bus service from Santiago to Cap Haitien? Anyone had any experience with this? Thanks.

Hey, I was thinking about going....anyone have any info on getting passports stamped, safety concerns, restaurants, hotels, things to do etc?

Horace74

Dec 9, 2010
I have not gotten any personal recommendations from this site but there looks to be pretty good information on a couple of hotels on Trip Advisor

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Easy trip, no problem. Just have a valid passport and money. A nice way to discover Haiti.

Horace74

Dec 9, 2010
Squat.........any hotel recommendations? I'm looking at Comier Plage as it seems to be a good value but I'm open to suggestions. I will only be there for 2 nights.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Squat.........any hotel recommendations? I'm looking at Comier Plage as it seems to be a good value but I'm open to suggestions. I will only be there for 2 nights.

If you do go would you kindly post a brief trip report in the Haiti forum with a couple of pics?

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
More than 20 years ago stayed at the Mont Joli. Was very comfortable then, photos look good today. Went with a group of friends. We flew in from Santiago airport (the old city airport) and the plane waited for us. One of the friends was the pilot. Was a great trip and my recollections of Cap Haitien was of a more green than expected town. Shopping for arts and crafts should be good. 
Rode the horse up to the Citadel, but preferred to walk down. If doing it again would hike up and down. It is a taxing hike. You need to be in good shape. If you go, that should be the highlight of your trip. One can only imagine the sacrifice made by those who built it. 

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002

Yes, Cormier-Plage is probably the best. Just ask them to show you around, they know. Otherwise, downtown, Mont-Joli & Roi-Christophe are good options, but Cormier is out of town, which is definitely a major plus ;)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I was quoted US$25 the day before yesterday. The bus only leaves from the Las Colinas station of Caribe Tours, I was told...

You can now get 4 wheelers up to La Citadelle. Worth it, believe me.

HB