Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Miami to Santo Domingo? Might as well!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fulano2 View Post
    Writing well is a big problem in the RD, subjunctive not, in my opinion, it's a must.
    NO, is a problem everywhere,,,

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LTSteve View Post
    You will definitely achieved both of your motivations in the DR however just remember if you stay a year you will have to pay exit fines when you leave. Your tourist card is good for 30 days and you can extend it but without residency be prepared to cough up some pesos at the airport. Also when you make your airline reservation most will require you to buy a round trip ticket. You will have to get a return ticket that you can change or cancel without a penalty. Ya no estas en South Beach!!! Buenos Suarte'.
    Suarte ? Are you getting him off to a bad start learning Spanish ? Or were you referring to his art - 'su arte'?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    Right and lots of study. I have known a couple of people that think they can "pick it up" By watching TV in Spanish!
    Der Fish
    Yes it isn't easy but worth it. However to learn Spanish I would not choose the DR - Costa Rica or Colombia speak a cleaner less slang version and so much clearer.

4. Likes cavok liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234