Chicago Consulate Question

dmartin29

Apr 29, 2011
I read with great interest about a very helpful person at the DR Consulate for Residency help. It may have been a year or two ago. Now, of course, I need it! Have most of the "work" done; FBI, State Dept, Medical, ancient marriage certificate etc. I will be in Chicago in three weeks and changing my "US" address there. I tried searching for the past posts to no avail. Can anyone with a better memory and/or search skills help. Thanks in advance.
dmartin2929 at gmail dot com

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
Not sure what your questions are: Contact at Consulate? Forwarding of mail? The process? Cost of living?
LTnomoreSteve will be along with a reply with quote that the residency process starts in your home country. Others will chime in.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Guffaw, guffaw...
No more Steve.....
former mayor, president LT Chamber of Commerce, general bon vivant

I always watch for his posts, as repetitive as they are.

In support of the OP.
I just had my birth certificate certified at the POP consulate Canadian....
Rejected.... needs to be done 'a la Steve' from original country.

Similarly, having not lived in Canada since 1995 and been here since 2008, they want police reports from both countries.

Fresh news from today....

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
I read with great interest about a very helpful person at the DR Consulate for Residency help. It may have been a year or two ago. Now, of course, I need it! Have most of the "work" done; FBI, State Dept, Medical, ancient marriage certificate etc. I will be in Chicago in three weeks and changing my "US" address there. I tried searching for the past posts to no avail. Can anyone with a better memory and/or search skills help. Thanks in advance.
dmartin2929 at gmail dot com
...Yes I posted that.....Her name is Dianne........after i posted her name she was getting many calls, now you may have to leave a mensaje, she will call back......she is the best..........Doc...........

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004

Did you get it translated and legalized at the Cancilleria? That's what they've accepted in the past without a problem since Canada doesn't do the apostillado.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Just the Consulate so far..
When shown to Migracion, they want it to come from the the RD Consulate in Canada.
For me that means sending it or waiting until I'm there.

dmartin29

Apr 29, 2011
...Yes I posted that.....Her name is Dianne........after i posted her name she was getting many calls, now you may have to leave a mensaje, she will call back......she is the best..........Doc...........

Thanks so much. Just the answer I was seeking. I checked back to your OP. You're the best. DM

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Guffaw, guffaw...
No more Steve.....
former mayor, president LT Chamber of Commerce, general bon vivant

I always watch for his posts, as repetitive as they are.

In support of the OP.

Similarly, having not lived in Canada since 1995 and been here since 2008, they want police reports from both countries.

Fresh news from today....

They are repetitive for one simple reason. People on this forum ask the same questions over and over again. Unlike many I try to get right to the point and give direction instead of BULL ****.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I can agree LT.
The new one is "Where is the taxi stand at SDQ?"

That's a beauty.....

Consensus to date seems to be - on the left as you exit