Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rentals in Punta Cana & Resident ???????

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Best advice. Do not listen to the Paranoia here. Just come with the tourist Visa, stay as long as you want and pay the overstay fee when you leave. NO ONE has EVER been deported for overstaying a tourist visa in the history of the DR.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

The only way to stay "legally" is to start the Residency Process at the Dominican Embassy or Consulate in your home country. There are many "hoops" to jump through, including getting Criminal Background Checks by either the FBI or Interpol, which have to be appostiled, translated and submitted with your Residency Application. You'll need a translated and appostiled copy of your legal birth certificate, a marriage certificate if your married and proof of solvency, which can include ownership of property here in the DR or a guaranteed income that can be verified by the Immigration authorities. The process is lengthy and can cost several thousand US dollars if handled by a respected attorney here in the DR.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

W have a new advertiser on this board "ResidencyDR.com" which appear to be much cheaper than Guzman Ariz

Quote Originally Posted by Tashi Siu's Dad View Post
    The only way to stay "legally" is to start the Residency Process at the Dominican Embassy or Consulate in your home country. There are many "hoops" to jump through, including getting Criminal Background Checks by either the FBI or Interpol, which have to be appostiled, translated and submitted with your Residency Application. You'll need a translated and appostiled copy of your legal birth certificate, a marriage certificate if your married and proof of solvency, which can include ownership of property here in the DR or a guaranteed income that can be verified by the Immigration authorities. The process is lengthy and can cost several thousand US dollars if handled by a respected attorney here in the DR.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all ,

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

If you are staying more than 60 days I would recommend hopping a plane to Florida for a few days. It has everything there, ie great shopping, civil people, cleanliness, security etc... If you actually come back you get a break from the 3rd world and can stay legal. As Americans we ask them to follow the laws... lets not be hypocritical.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RDKNIGHT View Post
    Hi Everyone.

I am looking for a apartment agent in the Punta Cana area . hopefully in a gated community..
    any suggestions . also what is the best way to live in the country legally? your help would be greatly appreciated
    Best bet is Google; search for: real estate bavaro punta cana

My advice is Cocotal for renting.

To be legal here you need a residencia, you will find more than enough info in this forum.

Good luck with everything!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    Best advice. Do not listen to the Paranoia here. Just come with the tourist Visa, stay as long as you want and pay the overstay fee when you leave. NO ONE has EVER been deported for overstaying a tourist visa in the history of the DR.

Yes. And keep on driving your car without a driver's licence after three months. 

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fulano2 View Post
    Yes. And keep on driving your car without a driver's licence after three months. 

Another myth. Like these cops care how long you are here. I know people here for 20 years and only have an expired license from their home country. They buy cars, drive cars, get into accidents, collect from insurance companies,etc.

And just for the record, I have had a DR Passport and driving license for over 13 years. So I don't have a horse in this race.

9. Likes jimmythegreek liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123