Government forgot the North coast

mart1n

Jul 13, 2006
Martin Alonzo after the heavy rains and flooding which happened months ago we lost our roads municipal water and our school system. We have not had water since the flood which took out the well. Roads are so bad heavy trucks can come through but cars no. The school was up and down and there have been no classes for two weeks now. If this happen in a city it would be in the news media

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
North Coast plans

RD$3.6B+ in works to spur Puerto Plata’s development

Puerto Plata,- Of 125 works that form part of a program to spur Puerto Plata’s development, 16 have already begun construction in several communities of the province, where a wave of enthusiasm spreads among the towns’ inhabitants.

The works will be built at a cost surpassing RD$3.6 billion, according to the Public Works Ministry, whose cabinet chief Ramón Antonio Pepín headed a commission which broke ground on several works during a tour of the area.

He said president Danilo Medina has instructed Public Works to prioritize the works. “President Danilo Medina has instructed Public Works to get involved in seeking definitive solutions for these works.

Specific works

Among the works figure the road from Cupey to La Gran Parada, the construction and reconstruction of bridges, country roads, storm drain systems, floodwalls and the hospital at Sosua.

Source: DT

Mar 11, 2017

mart1n

Jul 13, 2006
Martin Alonzo is about 6 miles from Luperon. Windeguy is sounds great to hear them putting in all these things but we are still out of water and as yet no school but probably the teachers are being paid.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Martin Alonzo is about 6 miles from Luperon. Windeguy is sounds great to hear them putting in all these things but we are still out of water and as yet no school but probably the teachers are being paid.

Why not find some donated space and get them back in class? And then get some free press coverage on your problem? Make noise.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

My apologies, I thought YOU were Martin Alonzo, the ID sent my brain off to la-la land

mart1n

Jul 13, 2006
There is a perfectly good school here. They claim they are protesting but all they are doing is preventing the children from an education. They could have fixed the water supply a month ago. The road to the nearest hospital is only capible by large trucks and motor cycles.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
worry not. presidential elections are coming in 2020, good chances for some improvement right there.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Do not worry. the roads going to the weekend homes of the politicians will be repaired soon. The " cruce de los ríos, Jamao and Arroyo Blanco " has been repaired while the bridge ( Moca road ) a few miles away is still being surveyed. If the cruc de los rios was past the Jamao bridge coming from Santiago then there would be a new one by now.

mart1n

Jul 13, 2006
One good sign they is a grader on the road to day maybe they can get in and fix the water. School is still out.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
The squeakest wheel gets the most grease. Find your local mayor and ask him what is being done to resolve this issues. You have to speak up and be a little over the top for anyone in the DR to hear you. Be persistent with local and regional politicos. I am sure they can tell you at least half of what you want to hear. Buenos suarte.
'

mart1n

Jul 13, 2006
I have done that for over 12 years to a point of giving money to buy fuel for the grader and it still did not come. I think they are too busy filling their pockets to do anything it has to go to the government that is giving the money to see how it is being used.