Los Restauradores Santo Domingo - Opinions?

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Hi,

How is Los Restauradores (Avenida Luperon behind "Supercanal") - quiet? Safe?

I did check it out today does not appear to be bad, similar actually to Miramar.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Editing my post, because I assumed the wrong part of los restauradores. I live a bit closer to Jumbo in Los Restauradores / Las Praderas and have lived safe and quiet here. However the area you point out is very close to Manganagua, which I don't really like, for being a barrio. Which street are you considering?

Last edited:

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Calle Belisario Curiel, we have to move and i rented a PH there close to the corner of Av. Caonabo.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Calle Belisario Curiel, we have to move and i rented a PH there close to the corner of Av. Caonabo.

Ok, that's with the little green area in front...quiet it should be. again, i don't like the barrio near but if you live in a PH the security is less an issue. 

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I am not far from caonabo...calle Leonardo da vinci ....and it is super quiet ...I love the area

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
I am closer to the french/catholic school but not far from there. Also in a PH, 6th level. Never had a crime issue at all. Yes safer higher up but the one downside of being higher, you can hear some of the Manganagua amplified party noise at times. Those on the bottom level do not hear it.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Damn... How bad is the noise? I hate their noise here. It is the worst noise imaginable... :( Do I need a bazooka?

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Damn... How bad is the noise? I hate their noise here. It is the worst noise imaginable... :( Do I need a bazooka?

For me its not that bad, it all depends on your location window exposure etc. On the 5th floor in my building in a northern exposed bedroom they hear nothing. Did you already sign the lease? if not ask some neighbours. Also if its bad and not xmas or samana santa, you can call 911 and report it which usually works believe it or not.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Gotta check this out. Thank you! I can see then outskirts of Manganagua from the windows in the back. Maybe I am lucky.

Last edited:

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
So, the three of us are practically neighbors and never even had a coffee together ...:paranoid:

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Btw.

Closest colegio to my place is this one:

https://www.facebook.com/ColegioBautistaCristiano/

Any others around what are recommendable?

That's a very good school, (evangelical) Christian though, it might be they require you to be (evangelical) Christian. Serafin de Asis is near too. Catholic, also very good, long waiting list. I live at the end of the street of that school. 

We won't be on our way for now. Due to some unpleasant news in my family in law last week, we have to delay our remigration. I do have to transfer my house to the buyers though in June. So I might be looking to rent myself soon. 

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
That's a very good school, (evangelical) Christian though, it might be they require you to be (evangelical) Christian. Serafin de Asis is near too. Catholic, also very good, long waiting list. I live at the end of the street of that school. 

We won't be on our way for now. Due to some unpleasant news in my family in law last week, we have to delay our remigration. I do have to transfer my house to the buyers though in June. So I might be looking to rent myself soon. 

Wow. Sorry to hear that. Regarding the colegio I will check the other out. do you know how much they charge per month more or less?

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Wow. Sorry to hear that. Regarding the colegio I will check the other out. do you know how much they charge per month more or less?

The catholic school should be around 5 or 6k. The evangelical school is between 9 and 10k per month. 

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
In Miramar our little one goes to a baseball club. Is there something similar for the kids (a club with coach) in Los Restauradores?

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
In Miramar our little one goes to a baseball club. Is there something similar for the kids (a club with coach) in Los Restauradores?

There's a soccer club across 27 (baseball????? what's that?). And another one across Luperon (well FCB Escola....usd2k/year). I don't know about a baseball club. The closest 'cancha' I know is I think in San Geronimo. 

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Not wanting to scare you, the 'barrio' behind your neighborhood is today full of military on every corner. I counted at least 25 soldiers.

Well, part of the campaign to combat crime ofcourse, but I didn't know Manganagua was on their list of 'barrios calientes'.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Too late. :) Not scared. Miramar has it spots too.

Contract signed. APEC will be the colegio, no way back. And it is still a bit away. As long it is full with soldiers all the better :D.