Looking for a cheap jeep type vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRDreamer72

Nov 17, 2014
Hi,
Anyone know of a cheap jeep type vehicle up for sale? Suzuki SJ410/413 would be fine. PM me if you do.

Cheers
Roy

jahjahwarrior

Mar 14, 2017
I'm looking too, budget of 250-300k. There's a cabarete for sale Facebook page I've been watching and there are good deals there sometimes, but im sending a Dominican to negotiate if it's not another expat selling.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
FWIW, Gorgon is our resident expert in identifying and inspecting vehicles in the DR. I definitely recommend speaking with him.

Jan 9, 2004
I'm looking too, budget of 250-300k. There's a cabarete for sale Facebook page I've been watching and there are good deals there sometimes, but im sending a Dominican to negotiate if it's not another expat selling.

If you are serious about finding a vehicle and want selection, reasonably close, go to Moca. It is the car capital of the DR.....having more cars per capita than any other city in the DR.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
If you are serious about finding a vehicle and want selection, reasonably close, go to Moca. It is the car capital of the DR.....having more cars per capita than any other city in the DR.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

and far more expensive than anywhere else. the days when good deals could be had in Moca are over. the old hype about great prices is history. tons of junk, at ridiculous prices. Santiago eats their lunch, and even worse the capital.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Are you saying better deals could be had in Santo Domingo, or the opposite?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Are you saying better deals could be had in Santo Domingo, or the opposite?

Santo Domingo is waaaay better, because the selection is exponentially wider, and the prices far lower. if a prospective buyer can arrange the trip to the capital, he is far better off. if he is on the north coast, head to Santiago. don't even think of places like Sosua and POP. as to Moca...waste of time.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
I know a Land cruiser for sale. It is a BJ 73' 2.4 diesel. Running very wel but need some paint work if you want it to have really nice. It is on Corotos.

Jan 9, 2004
and far more expensive than anywhere else. the days when good deals could be had in Moca are over. the old hype about great prices is history. tons of junk, at ridiculous prices. Santiago eats their lunch, and even worse the capital.

And you have some recent sales data from one of the associations or the government to support that claim?

I have no problem if you are trolling for business by making certain statements....but if you are going to denigrate businesses with a broad brush...at least provide some data.

There are 39 registered car dealers in Moca that have anywhere from 15-200 cars per dealer.......and lots more smaller dealers.

As I said, they have more cars/selection in Moca per capita......than any other city in the DR.....according to Anadive, one of the used car associations in the DR.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
And you have some recent sales data from one of the associations or the government to support that claim?

I have no problem if you are trolling for business by making certain statements....but if you are going to denigrate businesses with a broad brush...at least provide some data.

There are 39 registered car dealers in Moca that have anywhere from 15-200 cars per dealer.......and lots more smaller dealers.

As I said, they have more cars/selection in Moca per capita......than any other city in the DR.....according to Anadive, one of the used car associations in the DR.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

actually, i do not have stats from the government. i just have been there numerous times in the last few months, trying to find deals for folks. i go all over, and, in my recent experience, compiled over the last 18 moths, Moca is the most expensive, and has the most junk. i am not trolling for anything. i am making a statement of fact, established from actually going there . i must have been there 25 times in the last year, and found zilch.

and, i did not say they did not have a good numerical selection. i said the prices suck. if you have been there searching for cars in the last year, then give us your findings. otherwise, stand down.

Polar Bear

Jun 23, 2011
Friends that have been looking and others that have purchased echoed the same thoughts and info over the last year or 2. Moca has been in decline since about 5 years or so.

Santo Domingo is waaaay better, because the selection is exponentially wider, and the prices far lower. if a prospective buyer can arrange the trip to the capital, he is far better off. if he is on the north coast, head to Santiago. don't even think of places like Sosua and POP. as to Moca...waste of time.

Jan 9, 2004
actually, i do not have stats from the government. i just have been there numerous times in the last few months, trying to find deals for folks. i go all over, and, in my recent experience, compiled over the last 18 moths, Moca is the most expensive, and has the most junk. i am not trolling for anything. i am making a statement of fact, established from actually going there . i must have been there 25 times in the last year, and found zilch.

and, i did not say they did not have a good numerical selection. i said the prices suck. if you have been there searching for cars in the last year, then give us your findings. otherwise, stand down.

When in the DR, I reside in Moca. I too am there numerous times each year for the last 5 years, looking at vehicles and discussing business with the owners.

My clients there are the very car dealers you disparage. I import my personal vehicles through them....and they in turn also buy many cars from another client who represents probably the largest lessor/seller of off lease cars in the US.

You have no hard facts.....but you do have an opinion.......and you have your right to it....as I do mine. But your broad brush statement in order to attempt to do what I consider a hustle for business by denigrating others is misplaced.........and apparently Robert may have felt the same way as two of your posts here have now been deleted.

Perhaps the person that needs to "stand down" is you.

Have a nice day.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
When in the DR, I reside in Moca. I too am there numerous times each year for the last 5 years, looking at vehicles and discussing business with the owners.

My clients there are the very car dealers you disparage. I import my personal vehicles through them....and they in turn also buy many cars from another client who represents probably the largest lessor/seller of off lease cars in the US.

You have no hard facts.....but you do have an opinion.......and you have your right to it....as I do mine. But your broad brush statement in order to attempt to do what I consider a hustle for business by denigrating others is misplaced.........and apparently Robert may have felt the same way as two of your posts here have now been deleted.

Perhaps the person that needs to "stand down" is you.

Have a nice day.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

actually, you are a funny guy. you use the term disparage to characterize my assessment of the pricing of cars in Moca. not that i give a rat's arse about what you think, but i have hunted down numerous cars for people, and i have been to Moca numerous times. the prices are higher than the capital, and Santiago, and i am not going to argue that with you.

claiming that i am trying to hustle up business by saying Moca is expensive is an asinine remark, because i fail to see how that would cause someone out there to want a car, and to want me to find it.

you can do better..i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.