commuter air service licensing

West Indian

Mar 3, 2002
Hi all. My name is Dwayne Davis. I bid greetings to all the members and visitors of the DR1 business forum.

I am interested in starting a commuter air service in the caribbean which includes Santo Domingo as a destination. I need to know the appropriate steps for implementing this sort of venture in the DR.

Please inform me of the proper protocol (Port Authority and FCC counterparts) and the appropriate licenses, permits and fees that apply to this sort of venture. Also, contact information for the local aircraft maintenance businesses on the island.

Please feel free to e-mail me at fitnessprograms@aol.com

Last edited:

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
The Civil Aviation Board (Direccion General de Aeronautica Civil) issues the permits for new airlines. Their offices are located in front of the Presidential Palace at Av. Mexico. Tel. 809 221 7909

You may also contact the Dominican Foreign Investment Promotion Office at http://www.dr-opin.com

Commuter airline traffic to Santo Domingo is expected to enter into a new phase with the completion of the new La Isabela Airport going up on the far outskirts of the city.

Prior to your entry into the market you probably should carry out a feasibility study.