Cab Stand in SDQ

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
where is the Cab stand in SDQ Airport i remember it being to the right when you walked out the doors
is this still true Thanks

cpaynego

Mar 6, 2017
The taxi stand is to the left after you walk outside. I flew into SDQ last Wednesday and that's what I used. No issues at all. I avoided all the guys yelling taxi and went right to the stand. The gentleman there assigned a driver and told me $30. I reiterated to the driver that it'll be $30 US and we were on our way.

Conversely, I took an Uber back to the airport for my return flight. I needed it at 4:30AM on a Saturday morning and had no issues. The driver was prompt and courteous and got me to the airport in about 23 mins. It only cost around $20 US.

alexw

Gold
Sep 6, 2008
NYC-SDQ BABY!
All well and good if you have a data connection upon arrival. Most passengers don't, especially tourists.

Why wouldnt they? If they have a cellphone from europe or the states it automatically switches over to the claro service. Uber is ideal from the airport. He will save at least $20

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Why wouldnt they? If they have a cellphone from europe or the states it automatically switches over to the claro service. Uber is ideal from the airport. He will save at least $20

Not all providers switch over plus there is a roaming charge. The savings going to SD Centro would be more like $8. Uber to SD Centro is roughly 1,000 pesos whereas reserve an airport taxi is $33 USD. For the $8 difference I would suggest a tourist go with the airport taxi. Uber now wants you to meet them on departure level. New to the airport or just don't want to be bothered spend the eight bucks.