Help with Police Records

amybeth74

Feb 12, 2017
Is there a way to find out if someone has been placed in jail in the DR? Where they are located and if, and how, they can be contacted?

I have done a little bit of Internet research and not finding anything helpful.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Amy, if you are asking this because your friend either has said a family member is jailed, or because someone has contacted you saying that your friend was arrested, be very careful.

The "I need money for bail" excuse is not unknown in the DR

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
If someone tells you that a relative or friend is in jail in the DR and needs money, tell the person that you have a good lawyer that can get the person out of jail. But you need the location so the lawyer can go and get the person out.

That will end the need for cash very quick.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Is there a way to find out if someone has been placed in jail in the DR? Where they are located and if, and how, they can be contacted?

I have done a little bit of Internet research and not finding anything helpful.

Based on your prev posts here , do yourself a Favor and cut all ties with whoever is asking you for money to get someone out of jail.. the odds are extremely high that you are getting PLAYED..

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The scam of getting your boyfriend out of jail has just surpassed the previous number 1 scam in the DR of buying the 50,000 peso cows, and is the current leader of all scams.

A shout out to the Honorable Mention of all the mothers and other family members in drastic need of an operation to avoid dying.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Wait, hold the phone...
Is this the guy who sent YOU money a couple weeks ago ??
is this for real ... sounding kind of suspect at this point.

why dont you post a Screenshot of the Whatapp message ,or whatever this guy sent you.

And wait, did you say you have not even MET him yet ? or was that a different post.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
OP since you placed this thread in the legal section hopefully you will get a decent answer. Although based on your other posts this does sound "suspicious" I would think you would need to know the supposed jail this person is/was in. I really do not think there is a "inmate search" for the DR. If you know any family members of that person see if they can get you a location and telephone number. Then maybe you could call and verify??? I however put no trust in anyone (family members) telling the truth in these matters. But if your determined....

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
Amy, Amy, Amy. Do yourself a favor. Donate your extra money to charity. You'll get a tax write-off, make a real difference in somebody's lives, and you will feel better as well. Now, and in the long run.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
If you are arrested the police have only 48 hours (maybe 72) to charge you. If not they let you go. If charged you go to court and they may decide to hold you in jail waiting trial for 3, 6 or 12 months - called preventiva. Usually that is in the town where you are charged. Most Dominicans tell their foreign gfs they are in jail and need money. As was said earlier, say you have a lawyer and need to know what jail he is in. Usually silence after that. There is nothing on line to say who is in jail and where.

Matilda

amybeth74

Feb 12, 2017
No one has asked me for money. I am wanting to find out if the story is true or not. That's why I'm asking. No, I will not send money to get anyone out of jail. Even if someone I knew here in the states was in jail, I couldn't bail them out if my life depended on it. Just wanting to confirm the story...that's all.

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
If it's a smaller town, you can research the daily police briefings released to local media, by either researching the local news sources or the respective regional police office. San Pedro is not a small town, but yet there are daily police briefings released to the local media, with the past day's (24 hours) events, including what actions the police participated in....ie: arrests, noise enforcement, accident investigations and so forth.
Any type of arrest activity, especially in the type of case where long term custody is deemed necessary, would be newsworthy, and will receive it's print time. Especially in a small town, or smaller province. Maybe not as much in the bigger cities such as Santo Domingo and Santiago, but I can't speak of those areas.

amybeth74

Feb 12, 2017
If it's a smaller town, you can research the daily police briefings released to local media, by either researching the local news sources or the respective regional police office. San Pedro is not a small town, but yet there are daily police briefings released to the local media, with the past day's (24 hours) events, including what actions the police participated in....ie: arrests, noise enforcement, accident investigations and so forth.
Any type of arrest activity, especially in the type of case where long term custody is deemed necessary, would be newsworthy, and will receive it's print time. Especially in a small town, or smaller province. Maybe not as much in the bigger cities such as Santo Domingo and Santiago, but I can't speak of those areas.

He lives in Santo Domingo. I looked through various news stories relating to that area and didn't see anything.

ElVenao

Mar 16, 2017
There is an institution callled "Procuraduria General de la Republica", which is mostly like the Country's Attorney Office and they produce on request a document titled "Certificado de no antecedentes penales", here is the link:

http://pgr.gob.do/servicios/antecedentes-judiciales/

You need to pay RD$600 and need the "Cedula" or National Identification Number and you're set.

You can thank me later.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
There is an institution callled "Procuraduria General de la Republica", which is mostly like the Country's Attorney Office and they produce on request a document titled "Certificado de no antecedentes penales", here is the link:

http://pgr.gob.do/servicios/antecedentes-judiciales/

You need to pay RD$600 and need the "Cedula" or National Identification Number and you're set.

You can thank me later.

That only works if they are afichado - not if just been arrested. You can thank me later.

Mat

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
I guess for me the "going to/in jail" would pretty much close the door on any type of relationship. Yes I know it can happen to anyone but I would rather pass on the drama. OP not trying to be critical but trying to confirm a "went to/in jail" scenario really sends (or should) warning sounds...just saying.