Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: NOISE!!!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cavok View Post
    Here's the ear plugs I use. Never tried the Howard Leight's, so don't know which one is better:

https://www.amazon.com/Macks-Ear-Car...Bearplugs&th=1
    The type/brand/effectiveness of earplugs depend on the size and "sweatability" of the ear canal.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Yelling into the phone is just very Dominican. They all do it. They are not going to stop, it just is. Makes no sense, nothing to do with bad cell service. When Dominicans move to the US they yell into the phone.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zoomzx11 View Post
    Yelling into the phone is just very Dominican. They all do it. They are not going to stop, it just is. Makes no sense, nothing to do with bad cell service. When Dominicans move to the US they yell into the phone.
    In Luperon a few years ago helping my Canadian friend and his American neighbour across the way to figure out what was wrong with their common water supply. They were yelling at each other at the top of their lungs as they opened and closed different valves. My Canadian friend's DR novia walks out of the house in a huff and tells them to stop shouting like Dominicans. Nearly blew my Bohemia out my nose. 
    We Newfoundlanders, are a noisey lot especially when we party hearty but we're amateurs compared to DR citizens. I usually roll up my car windows when I'm in Luperon downtown to prevent ear drum damage. Went to a bachata band concert there a few years ago. Plugged my ears with tissue but still had ringing in my ears hours after the concert. 

4. Likes Garyexpat, sanpedrogringo, ExDR liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

there you go!! nothing to do with service...

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by USA DOC View Post
    ...........yea did that.... live in a area with little noise.....But its about those roosters??....People that pay the money to live in neighborhood like that and have chickens in the back yard......like all the people around me have these roosters that crow at all hours, like 6 am , all day , all night...... asked me girl fren, she smiled and said....Dominican roosters..........
    I hate the roosters. Luckily now where I live in Santiago no problems. I have lived other places where I was forced to get some ear plugs. My son and his wife have lived in serval nice neighborhoods in the capitol and FINALLY they bought an apartment in a spot with no rooster problems.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it is true in many Latin countries. When I was living in Miami with my ex (Colombiana) and she was on her cell I used to tell her to just stick her head out the window and the person would hear her fine.
    Also it is not only when they are on their cell phones. I hate when I am having a beer at a local colmado and you always seem to have one guy that is standing about 3 feet away from the person he is talking with yet he is screaming.

8. Likes Hector L liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Garyexpat View Post
    I hate the roosters. Luckily now where I live in Santiago no problems. I have lived other places where I was forced to get some ear plugs. My son and his wife have lived in serval nice neighborhoods in the capitol and FINALLY they bought an apartment in a spot with no rooster problems.
    You'd hate where we live. Roosters, pigs oinking, cows mooing, a goat next door bahhhing, and somebody has loud peacocks. Add the radios, Moto's, etc. Oh, and how could I forget the Evangelicals singing at the top of their lungs, karaoke music backup.

I was just going to say it's suspiciously quiet, but as I started to type, two roosters started crowing.

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

10. Likes bronzeallspice liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Loud music is the norm in la rep dom. I was at a concert in sosua it was ear splitting, and in the crowd a vendor had his cart with his loud speakers blaring a different song at the same time. Roosters, radios, gunshots. Its strange but it doesn't bother me, use earplugs at night.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456