Sending Letter to a friend in Higuey, La Altagarcia

Random

Mar 16, 2017
Hello, I would like to send a letter to a friend who lives in Higuey. I have her address information, I just don't know how the address format is in DR. Any help is much appreciated, thank you.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Let's start at the beginning. Where are you?

Are you really sending a letter? Most correspondence between males and females in different locations in this country is by direct bank deposit. 

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Mail delivery in the D.R. is very iffy at best.

Many places do not have delivery to the door and the recipient needs to go to the Post Office to get mail.

Do NOT send anything of value, even pictures may disappear and never arrive.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The DR postal service does not really work. It's better to use other forms of communication.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Hello, I would like to send a letter to a friend who lives in Higuey. I have her address information, I just don't know how the address format is in DR. Any help is much appreciated, thank you.

The format would something like this:

To: Jane Doe
Calle Duarte No. 8,Barrio Mella
Santo Domingo, DN

Now, what really matters is if the mail does work well where she lives. It works, depending where you live. And hey, she could also tell her post office to hold the letter for her so she can go and pick it up there.
Remember not to send valuable stuff.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Periodically, I do tests of the mail system and send letters to people at various locations in the US. I have also sent letters to myself here from the US. Once, a friend rec'd a letter from Sosua to CT after 8 weeks. I have never rec'd anything sent to myself.

Random

Mar 16, 2017
I'm actually just sending a letter, she's my girlfriend, and I'm from the U.S., to be more specifically NY. I'll try to send a trial letter to see if she receives it. Thanks for the advice, guys!

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
I'm actually just sending a letter, she's my girlfriend, and I'm from the U.S., to be more specifically NY. I'll try to send a trial letter to see if she receives it. Thanks for the advice, guys!

You can attach notes to Western Union... Save stamp . ;)

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
.....Question for you........how many houses in the Dominican Republic have mail boxes???.............