Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Few questions :P

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sanpedrogringo View Post
    I concur with Post #21, with the exception of Point #3.
    UBER is the best what is your problem w UBER are you a taxi driver?

2. Likes alexw liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mcinbrass View Post
    UBER is the best what is your problem w UBER are you a taxi driver?
    Yeah its weird. He evens dislikes my posts when I mention Uber. But Uber is amazing. I even put my life on the line and used Ubermoto today. Great times and it was dirt cheap!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    Yeah its weird. He evens dislikes my posts when I mention Uber. But Uber is amazing. I even put my life on the line and used Ubermoto today. Great times and it was dirt cheap!
    UBERmoto what a concept!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

sanpedrogringo is def a taxi driver or has ties with taxi syndicates... No way you can continuously crap on Uber in here.

One of my friends took an UberMoto @ "hora pico" yesterday from Bella Vista Mall to Churchill Av. @ Luis f Thomen... got there in 5 minutes and it was RD$31... tough to argue with that

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LTSteve View Post
    1, Bacahata, Basketball and busses. You might as well go to Washington Heights in NYC. Much better level of B'ball. DR not knowned for street basketball. Baseball is the sport of choice of the DR. You want to find street cred and local flavor go to Brooklyn. Do you speak playground Spanish? If not, you will be way in over your head.
    This is not entirely true, the DR does play basketball at a high level they call Baloncesto superior. Sort of semi pro on the island. They compete for Latin region tourneys, so there is quite a bit of that in SDO. Just Google it and you should find something about it. As a matter of fact, Juan Luis Guerra (bachatero) was a very good semi pro player when younger.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Uber is not much more expensive than a public car.  They have now statred UberMoto which has a basic price of 20 pesos. I have not tried it.  Uber is more reliable, safer and comfortable.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ExDR View Post
    This is not entirely true, the DR does play basketball at a high level they call Baloncesto superior. Sort of semi pro on the island. They compete for Latin region tourneys, so there is quite a bit of that in SDO. Just Google it and you should find something about it. As a matter of fact, Juan Luis Guerra (bachatero) was a very good semi pro player when younger.
    The games are played in San Carlos. That's Where Al Horford was discovered

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElVenao View Post
    sanpedrogringo is def a taxi driver or has ties with taxi syndicates... No way you can continuously crap on Uber in here.

One of my friends took an UberMoto @ "hora pico" yesterday from Bella Vista Mall to Churchill Av. @ Luis f Thomen... got there in 5 minutes and it was RD$31... tough to argue with that
    Remember, the reason they get there so much faster is because they rarely obey any rules of the road, which equals=dangerous!! Driving here is dangerous as it is due to lack of respect and overall poor drivers. Motos I believe have more fatalities per cap than any Country worldwide or close to it.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Expat13 View Post
    Remember, the reason they get there so much faster is because they rarely obey any rules of the road, which equals=dangerous!! Driving here is dangerous as it is due to lack of respect and overall poor drivers. Motos I believe have more fatalities per cap than any Country worldwide or close to it.
    Are you talking about the ancient age written and passed rules of the road (which includes city speed limit of 35km/h which I'm sure you perfectly obey), or is it the practical rules, following Authority orders, traffic lights, signals, etc. I'm sure you can rate your driver, disincentivating the rule violations and unfortunately this country has not developed a concise and effective handbook of laws/rules for motorbikes. Confusion regarding yielding, allowed proximity, positioning in the lanes prompt motorbikes to be operated as they are now.

The majority of the reason that they get much faster is by avoiding traffic jams, and the primary way to avoid traffic jams is to skip around the cars and move towards the beginning of the traffic light intersection. This, unfortunately constitutes no violation of any written nor practical guideline in terms of motorbike placement within car lanes.

Even if these were violations, the authorities do not effectively take action to prevent them, they'd rather ignore them. Therefore the authorities have no will towards fixing hence becoming the reasom behind all of this.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I went to the gym today to play basketball in zona colonial. The name of the place there is called club san lazaro. Its literally two blocks up from calle conde.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast