DR/USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
It's do-or-die for the USA team tonight.

I find myself conflicted.

Of course, I am a US citizen. But in terms of beisbol: totally Dominicana!

I am running over to Midtown for at least the first two innings, but poor Matteo & his staff need to close. Long couple of days for them.

I am not a sporty person. Lord knows. But I do love me my baseball and I am BoSox born and bred.

In Judaism, you get your religion from your mother. I married a Yankees fan. (What was I thinking?) I am proud to say that my Beloved Son inherited his mother's religion.

I am off to Midtown, for a coupla drinks, some chit-chat, and I hope an inning or two. Then I come back to fight with MLB.com re: my annual subscription.

May the luckiest team win!

ElVenao

Mar 16, 2017
lol ins't midtown by Charles Summer-Churchill??? I was close by in a new place called Upstairs but left to watch the game at home.

USA has been doomed by turnout... most of their superstars didn't come. For christ sakes the best pitcher in the universe, therefore the player with the most impact in this planet chose to not show. The best fielder/player in the world, Trout, didn't show up.

you have guys with this kind of attitude

“Because I’m a Met,” Syndergaard said. “Ain’t nobody make it to the Hall of Fame and win the World Series playing in the WBC.”

they do have a point though, I completely understand them. Unfortunately for the USA, DR guys showed up in more proportions. Its going to be a game for the ages. The first one was probably the most exciting game in WBC history (short history that is)

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
lol ins't midtown by Charles Summer-Churchill??? I was close by in a new place called Upstairs but left to watch the game at home.

USA has been doomed by turnout... most of their superstars didn't come. For christ sakes the best pitcher in the universe, therefore the player with the most impact in this planet chose to not show. The best fielder/player in the world, Trout, didn't show up.

you have guys with this kind of attitude

they do have a point though, I completely understand them. Unfortunately for the USA, DR guys showed up in more proportions. Its going to be a game for the ages. The first one was probably the most exciting game in WBC history (short history that is)

Sorry. I wasn't specific. I am on the North Coast. The Midtown I referenced is in Sosua, site of a most wondair DRone meet&greet.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Im rooting for the DR. America doesnt have a passion for baseball anymore. Im on my way to hooters to watch it now.

Come on! Where are you from? You don't think Boston/Chicago/LA/Philly don't care? Check again.

But I bet you'll be checking the hooters & the network hose....

I don't care who wins. I am just looking forward to some passionate baseball.

southern

I love Hillary!
Dec 13, 2016
Im rooting for the DR. America doesnt have a passion for baseball anymore. Im on my way to hooters to watch it now.

America still has plenty of love for baseball, that's how they can pay MLB players 10 million a year at the drop of a hat. Hooters girls should be paid more.

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
I disdain most things Dominican and I am incredibly grateful and appreciative for the privilege to live in America.

I find myself being patriotic when it comes to baseball. I also know the joy it brings the poor folks, with little else to live for in the Dominican Republic. America is great at everything, its nice for us to be able to win some ballgames and feel good about ourselves.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
He was a MFY, but I always thought Robbie Cano had the chops to be a Triple Crown winner. He may still.

Game at US4/DR3 mid-8th

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
Post deleted by moderator. Keep US politics out of here

Last edited by a moderator:

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Between the stock market, consumer confidence, Trump, the strength of the dollar the US keeps winning these last 4 months.

With so many positive things happening in the USA could you seriously expect them to do anything other than win?

Errrrmmm...back to PM.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
So sorry DR fans. US pulled out a victory. The DR played a great game.

As a born & bred Red Sox fan: next year. (Actually 4...) But the DR team looked good, played well. Congrats to all competitors and fans.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
So sorry DR fans. US pulled out a victory. The DR played a great game.

As a born & bred Red Sox fan: next year. (Actually 4...) But the DR team looked good, played well. Congrats to all competitors and fans.

Before this goes OT again, closed

Status
Not open for further replies.