Claro home internet & phone cancellation

DanielnChloe Neate

Mar 20, 2017
Hi everyone, I was speaking to a friend last night who said there is a law which means companies cannot charge you for cancelling your home internet/ home phone contract although they will try to. Does anyone know about this and have any information such as the details of the law?

Thanks in advance

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I had an account many years ago with a Cell company that is out of business now. They doubled the price on me and I just stopped paying until they shut the phone off. They called me a few times to collect and I told them what I cannot say here. And that was the end of it. They have no way to get the money other than if you pay it.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I'm not aware of any law against it, I wish there was. When we cancelled our Sky TV contact, after fulfilling the 18 month contract, they would not close the account until we paid 3300 pesos. They wouldn't even accept the box and remote until it was paid. Talked to Mr AE's brothers, who said that's the way it is.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Now that you brought up Sky TV, I signed a contract with them for a friend of mine that moved to Sosua about 10 years ago. I helped him because they wanted someone with a Cedula to co sign. This guy was in the Sports business like I am. He needed certain channels that they said they had. But they did not supply those that he needed.

He was renting a house month to month. He left and went back home. I was on the hook.

What did I do? NOTHING. I paid nothing and they got NOTHING. Sure they tried, but there is really nothing they can do.

Contracts with these companies can be used for confetti on Carnival day here.