Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cellphone question

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Cellphone question

This morning my cellphone crashed on the floor... need a new one.
    Could someone give me an advise please which one to buy. Because of the customs 200US$ rule the variety is limited. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019O8YX1K..._t2_B015K9B7KM would this one work in this country? I am not very familiar with the necessary bandwidths etc.... what i need is Dual Sim,

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Claro DR uses the same LTE bandwidths as the US does. I don't know about Orange. So make sure you get a phone that's US-LTE compatible and unlocked, and you should be fine with Claro in DR.

I'd recommend the Asus Zenfone 2, US-edition. 2 sims and a micro-SD cardslot.

3. Likes santa110xyz liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by santa110xyz View Post
    Could someone give me an advise please which one to buy. Because of the customs 200US$ rule the variety is limited. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019O8YX1K..._t2_B015K9B7KM would this one work in this country? I am not very familiar with the necessary bandwidths etc.... what i need is Dual Sim,
    Ask the Seller about the bands, because Orange 3G works in the 900 MHz, Claro 850 MHz, Clato LTE 2100 MHz.

If the phone do not work on the 900 MHz and you have Orange then you wont be able to use it, same thing will happend if only bring Orange bands and your simecard is from Claro.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riva_31 View Post
    Ask the Seller about the bands, because Orange 3G works in the 900 MHz, Claro 850 MHz, Clato LTE 2100 MHz.

If the phone do not work on the 900 MHz and you have Orange then you wont be able to use it, same thing will happend if only bring Orange bands and your simecard is from Claro.
    I have Orange. wow difficult to find a cellphone which does really work.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I have Orange. wow difficult to find a cellphone which does really work.
    check here www.gsmarena.com the cellphone model and check the bands

Post Thanks / Like

My previous cell phone from BOOST mobile in the U.S. did NOT work in the dominican republic....i have METRO PCS now, and have the WORLD CALLING FEATURE.....the web site says, i have 200 minutes roaming and texts when i am IN the dominican republic...i called customer service, but the gentleman, was not too sure and hard to understand...if someone has METRO PCS or knows of someone who does, and has the WORLD CALLING FEATURE, please let me know..hoping to have use of my phone, without having to buy another at las americas, from claro/orange. thanks

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Why not buy a phone here? My smartphone died and I ended up buying another one here, which takes a sim card so now I have all in one, both my smartphone and my Dominican phone sim card in one phone. Before I had 2 phones. The sound is so much better and the quality of the call is so clear; on my Dom phone I was always holding one ear in and screaming to be heard!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought new S5 Samsung as my Dominican phone 6500 peso unlocked and it's water proof to 3 feet and rings under water don't ask in Sosua..

10. Likes chrisrose97 liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't like to buy cellphone here because they cost much more and they don't offer the variety. LOL i don't go swimming with the phone, so don't need to answer under water jajajjajajaaaaaaaaaaaaa.... hilarious. it is just i am overwhelmed with all the infos provided .... why too much info but the bandwith is hidden and if they work here. 2G 3G 4G.....Lte .... at the moment i have the feeling like gambling; meaning ordering and hoping it will work LOL. I tried the page #5 mentioned...oh jesus ! - i provides so much info that i even can not determine which info i of value in my case. i like a smart phone, not more than 200$, nice design, fast 2 to 3 RAM, at least 32....and working with Orange...

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I must be a lucky dude.....
    I have numerous, cheap, phones ( under 50$) . Bought in europe and the dr. I get them unlocked here in the dr. And they all work here in the dr ( orange and claro ), and back in europe ( orange, mucho, bouygues, swisscom....)....... never even thought of the possibility they wouldnt work cos of the diffrent bands and stuff.
    Mostly samsung and alcatel phone brands.

13. Likes santa110xyz, chrisrose97 liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast