The Puerto Plata - Navarrete Road Palace from the Air

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
This is for anyone that wonders what the palace near Navarrete looks like. Parts of its roofs are visible from the Puerto Plata - Navarrete road.

The rumor mill claims it belongs to a baseball player.

Does anyone know if it's true? If so, to who does it belong?  

If you can't see the full photos, right-click on them and then click on 'open in new tab.'

IMG_0314.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg

Last edited:

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
This is for anyone that wondered what the palace near Navarrete looks like. Parts if its roofs are visible from the Puerto Plata - Navarrete road.

The rumor mill claims it belongs to a baseball player. Does anyone know if it's true? If so, who is it?

If you can't see the full photos, right-click on them and then click on 'open in new tab.'

IMG_0314.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg

you are the Dominican. we thought you were about to tell us.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i heard the original owner was a dominican yorkie who wanted to recreate world's most beautiful domes. in other words, had little taste and mucho dinero. the confusion about pelotero ownership comes from the fact that the next house towards puerto plata, maybe 1 or 2 kilometers further belongs to some baseball player. that's the place with heliport, big ass pool and MOPC station right outside.

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
i heard the original owner was a dominican yorkie who wanted to recreate world's most beautiful domes. in other words, had little taste and mucho dinero. the confusion about pelotero ownership comes from the fact that the next house towards puerto plata, maybe 1 or 2 kilometers further belongs to some baseball player. that's the place with heliport, big ass pool and MOPC station right outside.
It belongs to Bartolo Colon.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
I have a couple pictures somewhere on my computer, taken in October 2008, when me and my Norwegian girlfriend were inside it. It had no windows and was empty. Except for one watchie-man--who i paid to let me walk around inside with my girlfriend, it was empty as can be.

Frank

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I was going to post that as a joke. No swimming pool? If you build an expensive would it make more sense to do that
near the water/beach somewhere.....at least for resale.

in countries such as these, you build big houses in your home district, to impress the people you grew up with. it's culture. to you, beach and pool might be important. to locals, who probably grew up in poverty, you plant the mansion smack dab in the area you played in as a broke ass kid.

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
in countries such as these, you build big houses in your home district, to impress the people you grew up with. it's culture. to you, beach and pool might be important. to locals, who probably grew up in poverty, you plant the mansion smack dab in the area you played in as a broke ass kid.
That is very interesting, and thanks for sharing.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
That is very interesting, and thanks for sharing.

no prob, Kyle. i understand your thinking, completely. had it been your money, you would build in a very desirable area, which would give your property enhanced value. not here.

when i was still in Jamaica, i met this guy called Boogs Campbell, who had a bar in the most remote area of the outback. he invited my friend and i to his house, and when we got there it was the first time i had seen a V12 E TYPE Jaguar in my life. we went into his living room, and he offered us a drink. when we told him what we wanted, he pushed a button on a remote , and an entire wall rotated 180 degrees, to reveal a liquor cabinet and wine rack. all this in the middle of nowhere. but this is where he grew up, and he wanted to be the big fish in the small pond. this was a guy who could not recognize his written name, but who had made a ton of money selling weed.