Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World Baseball Championship!!!!!!!!!!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default World Baseball Championship!!!!!!!!!!

USA 8 PR 0

First Time for USA. Great Tournament. PR and DR very strong teams. Opening day next week!!!!!!!!!!

USA, USA, USA, ........

2. Likes sanpedrogringo, RG84, Garyexpat liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

In Orlando right now and my Dominican Wife was sooo proud and really pushed it in my face when the DR won in the earlier round against the U.S. I told her to wait before crowing too much as the tourney wasn't over yet (and a snide remark that Americans really don't care about this tourney anyway, which is mostly true). Then when the DR was eliminated and the U.S. was in the final her attitude completely changed and she stayed up till past midnight last night to watch the game, cheering every-time the U.S. scored. I asked her why the change and she said she loves the U.S. and hates the Porta Ricans.... too funny !! GOOOOO SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS!!! MAD BUM!!!! JUAN MARICHAL, The Dominican Dandy!!!!

4. Likes Lucifer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

PR, PR, PR..............................

Moderator DR1.com

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bronxboy View Post
    PR, PR, PR..............................
    Mr AE was rooting for PR. When we heard the score this morning, he said it was a shame, because the whole island of PR would be celebrating today..........And that most Americans probably ignored the whole series.

The good aspect of the US win is that it may help publicize it for next year.

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    The good aspect of the US win is that it may help publicize it for next year.

I think it is every 4 years.  Most people in the US do not seem to care too much.  Some nights March Madness was going on that is pretty popular.  I think it would be nice if everyone sent their best players and winning it became a bigger deal.  I enjoyed the games that I watched and I don't watch a lot of baseball.  

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texan View Post

I think it is every 4 years.  Most people in the US do not seem to care too much.  Some nights March Madness was going on that is pretty popular.  I think it would be nice if everyone sent their best players and winning it became a bigger deal.  I enjoyed the games that I watched and I don't watch a lot of baseball.  
    There you go..... Typical American here, baseball fan, I had no clue it wasn't annual.

It should be the REAL World Series.

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to the USA team. 

Completely blew away PR.

As to the 'Real World Series' it would be interesting to see if any of the national teams can hold up against the 'World Series Winner'. It was suggested by the Marlin's coach though.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/220485...icid=209143850

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

If all the best U.S. players played it would be a landslide. No Mike Trout,Bryce Harper,Mooky Betts,etc... And NONE of the top U.S. pitchers played.

11. Likes sanpedrogringo liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tom0910 View Post
    If all the best U.S. players played it would be a landslide. No Mike Trout,Bryce Harper,Mooky Betts,etc... And NONE of the top U.S. pitchers played.

Many of the top players didn't get permission from their clubs. This is valid for all participants.

13. Likes sanpedrogringo liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

15. Likes Bronxboy, sanpedrogringo liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast