Shipper

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I need to ship a barrel to Santiago I'm in New Jersey anybody know of a reliable shipper.

What part of NJ? If southern half, I have a good guy we've used for many years

His name is Manuel, 609-334-9480. Spanish only. Tell him Olivo recommended him. If you're not near him for pickup, he should be able to direct you to someone closer. The company is Camden Shipping. Door to door. Last shipment got here in under 3 weeks.

Last edited:

bigwhiskey

Aug 29, 2010
What part of NJ? If southern half, I have a good guy we've used for many years

His name is Manuel, 609-334-9480. Spanish only. Tell him Olivo recommended him. If you're not near him for pickup, he should be able to direct you to someone closer. The company is Camden Shipping. Door to door. Last shipment got here in under 3 weeks.
Central NJ

Last edited by a moderator:

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I used vegano shipping ...located at 165 Sherman avenue in inwood /Washington heights....212 567 2020

bigwhiskey

Aug 29, 2010
Thanks I went to Embarqe San Miguel and found a link to all shippers to DR . Guessing I should have googled in spanish.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I'm at exit 9 on the nj turnpike just a 100.00 for 55 gallon barrei

Someone mentioned before that these companies sometimes have Promos, where you can also ship a very large bag of Rice , besides the barrel, for the same price ? Was curious how it works .. also what types of Food items are best to ship. for like a family with small kids .. just curious . . hope this is not being to inquisitive .

bigwhiskey

Aug 29, 2010
Someone mentioned before that these companies sometimes have Promos, where you can also ship a very large bag of Rice , besides the barrel, for the same price ? Was curious how it works .. also what types of Food items are best to ship. for like a family with small kids .. just curious . . hope this is not being to inquisitive .

No problem pm me

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

It's not an occasional promotion, it's always. We shipped only 4 boxes this trip. Each box allowed a bag of rice and jug of oil for free. We sent two 50 pound bags of rice, two 25 pound bags of bread flour, and a 3 gallon jug of oil.

In our case, that's most of the food we send, boxes have other things we want. I usually throw in cans of solid white tuna, large jars of Hellman's mayo, peanut butter, spices, and tomato puree.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Anyway we can do a LIST of types of things are good to send. and those which would be a waste of space and not economical, from peoples experiences .. Like Cans of , thats perfect item, and olive oil which I know is expensive there . gummy bears for the kids . but im guessing NOT chocolate cuz it would melt badly ? ... like that ..

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Anyway we can do a LIST of types of things are good to send. and those which would be a waste of space and not economical, from peoples experiences .. Like Cans of , thats perfect item, and olive oil which I know is expensive there . gummy bears for the kids . but im guessing NOT chocolate cuz it would melt badly ? ... like that ..

Sounds like a great idea. Plus keep in mind the shipping of the blue barrels is per barrel and weight is not a consideration.

I am not a big rice eater but I do notice a lot of people ship rice so there must be a savings involved. When I ship sometimes the items may not be a big savings but when I factor in having to go to the supermarket in la rep dom as opposed to having door to door delivery the savings add up.

bigwhiskey

Aug 29, 2010

dry beans 15 pounds
tuna
sardines
peanut butter
corned beef
case of evaporated milk
pepto bismol
tylenol
children motrin or tylenol
tomato paste
tomato sauce
canned chicken salad
yellow rice
rice
cooking oil
pasta
body wash
lotion
tooth paste colgate
spam
grits for me
bush grilling beans for me
some bbq rub and old bay seasoning for me
sweet baby rays bbq sauce for me
bag of candy
cafe bustelo for M.I.L
alka seltzer for hangover

I threw in some girl scout cookies and some bags of pork rinds they cant get there as a teaser.
I shop at BJ's ,Walmart ,dollar store,and local Spanish market

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
@bigwhiskey, nice list of items.

I noticed you had your barrel full before you searched for a shipper. Where did you get the barrel? I know embarque san miguel will sell and deliver a barrel if needed.

I like the V8 splash drinks so I throw several of those in. Packages of batteries, sheets, towels and if any space is left I keep thinking what else. Sometimes it is not so much these items aren't available but the convenience of having them delivered right to your door.