Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone recommend a realtor for Don Juan II La Romana?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, thanks. Good to know.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by franco1111 View Post
    Villa Hermosa is known as a dangerous neighborhood.  That is why houses are so cheap there.  You can see very good big houses for low prices.  Most of our Dominican friends and acquaintances will not consider living there.  You need to investigate more I think.  But, do what fits your situation.  I do know a European woman who lives there with her Dominican boyfriend and they think it is fine.  Low cost is the draw.  Gated would make it better, but nevertheless you still have to go out.  If you are just starting to visit La Romana, there is much to know. It is not a tourist town.
    Buyer Beware!!!!!!!!!!!! Security is the number one priority for gringos and gringettes. If you are looking at the property see what level of security is at the location. Just because they call it a gated community may mean very little. If this area already has a bad reputation I would quickly look at something else.

3. Likes Cdngurl liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    They are not Realtors.  There are no Realtors here.  The're agents.  Anyone who wants to can be one.  No license required.  Be careful and don't trust anyone trying to sell you property etc., yes there are good ones however, suerte
    I love how that works here. Anyone can wake up one morning and say to themselves...I think I'll be a real estate agent today...'cause my Tia is looking for a new apartment-ROLMAO-LOL.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't let a reputation of crime deter you. Helll, ther's crime all over the island. I live on the Haiti side of the island an it's no different about crime/safety where you live. The most beautiful safe areas get broken into. I have colleagues, who have licensed guns, got broken into and held at gunpoint, while the thieves stole the guns, ammo, TVs and all other spendy things. They were Canadians. The security guard was in on the heist, of course. If the guard sees you carry it in, most likley cousin joe will know about it too.

Theft can be mitigated. Bottom line, you put a bunch of valuable sh*t in your house, and sooner or later, someone will try and take it because, it's a poor island and thieves a plenty looking for opportunity.

I never have a phone worth more than $150 on me. I buy the cheapest LCD Vizio TV and not much more. Leave nothing in your car and leave the doors unlocked so they don't have to break a window to understand there is nothing there. Paddle lock the battery down under the hood.

Just my 2 cents.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12