Temporary Residency types RT-1 RT4, RT-9

mrshmee

Mar 31, 2017
Hi there,
I have just along with my family received our cards for Temporary Residency. They all state RT-4, whereas the online form stated RT-9. I also have friends with RT-1
I was wondering if there is a reference of the differences between them..?
Thanks
Dave

Hi there,
I have just along with my family received our cards for Temporary Residency. They all state RT-4, whereas the online form stated RT-9. I also have friends with RT-1
Thanks
Dave

I just looked on the DR's Migración website and I can't find anything mentioning what those classifications mean.

My residency card says RT9 and on the back it says I have permission to work (Habilitado Para Trabajar). Maybe that is what RT9 refers to. Does your residency give you permission to work?

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hi there,
Thanks
Dave

Is this your first temporary residency card? Maybe as you renew you get to the RT-9.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this your first temporary residency card? Maybe as you renew you get to the RT-9.

That could be what it signifies. I do remember that my first residency card said RT-1, but I never paid attention after that. My current card says RT-9 and when I got it at the renewal this past February I was told that next year I'll qualify for permanent residency, however by next year I should be a citizen since I applied for DR citizenship in August of 2015.
Like many here I'm waiting on the infamous INTERPOL checks to be returned.

Stripe

Apr 15, 2015
Hi,

Congrats on your Residency. I just had my medical done in the Capital yesterday. I was wondering, about how long was the wait from the time of your medical to when you received your Residency card?

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hi,

Congrats on your Residency. I just had my medical done in the Capital yesterday. I was wondering, about how long was the wait from the time of your medical to when you received your Residency card?

Has your attorney told you that your documents have been accepted by the DR Gov? You start counting from that point. It seems like the process may be moving a little quicker than in the past. It would most likely be 6 months. Anyone who has gone through the process lately will give you a better idea.

Stripe

Apr 15, 2015
Has your attorney told you that your documents have been accepted by the DR Gov? You start counting from that point. It seems like the process may be moving a little quicker than in the past. It would most likely be 6 months. Anyone who has gone through the process lately will give you a better idea.

Thanks for the reply Steve. Yes, my file has been reviewed and accepted and accepted by DGM. The medical was the final step.

Kathyaa586

Mar 23, 2011
My residency is a RT-9 as well and it is not a renewal. I waited less then 3 months after my medical.