one more time....fingers crossed

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
sweet taste of failure, really.

i am too lazy to type in a tutorial but here are instructions from WB from some time ago:

I use TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting and this is what I do:
1. Choose file - browse for the correct photo on your computer.
2. Rezise - select Message Board from the drop down menu.
3. Click the Upload button.
4. When photo uploaded (after a few minutes), copy complete URL from the Message Board box.
5. Paste into DR1 message.
If doing several photos to go into one message, it is wise to copy and past the individual URL's into a Word document or email message until ready to paste them into the DR1 message.

good luck.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
FYI The link takes me to photobucket's home page not your photos.

DAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Back to the drawing board. Somone get the hot water and towels it's going to be a long night. Wait? Wrong thing. I'll be baaaccckk.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
DAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Back to the drawing board. Somone get the hot water and towels it's going to be a long night. Wait? Wrong thing. I'll be baaaccckk.

Try using the Go Advanced tab then the Preview Post tab before you post. If it doesn't work cancel it.

Then read dv8's post # 4 on this thread.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
No one really wants to see photos of another palm tree or beach anyway. I'll wait until DR1 makes the technology easier to implement or I will get my 8 year old grandson to do it for me. For those who gave me direction thanks.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
TinyPic may be easier

LTSteve give tinypic.com a try, really easy.

Where it says browse click and search your pc for the photo to upload.

Where it says resize either select 640x480 or 800x600.

Next click upload (you may be asked for a code to prove you are not a robot).

Once the pic is uploaded copy and past the link that says for message boards into your DR1 post.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
No one really wants to see photos of another palm tree or beach anyway. I'll wait until DR1 makes the technology easier to implement or I will get my 8 year old grandson to do it for me. For those who gave me direction thanks.
I did want to see your photos. That's why I clicked on your link. Thank you for trying. I appreciate the effort.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I did want to see your photos. That's why I clicked on your link. Thank you for trying. I appreciate the effort.

ditto, I have posted photos in the past and know it takes a little bit of effort so I too also appreciate those who do and those who at least try. Don't give up LT cause it is usually one small thing you are doing wrong. Once you catch on it gets easier to post pics.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007

Actually, I was looking forward to seeing the pictures, too.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016

If you have your pictures on photobucket, you're almost there.

1. sign into photobucket again.

2. click on one of your pictures

3. On the right side, you see "share this photo" and underneath it, 4 options

4. click on the address in the box to the right of IMG, and the address should highlight.

5. right click your mouse, and select copy.

6. Come to you DR1 post box, place your mouse in the box, and right click your mouse and select Paste.

7 Post your reply.

Easy peasy

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011

LTSteve give tinypic.com a try, really easy.

Where it says browse click and search your pc for the photo to upload.

Where it says resize either select 640x480 or 800x600.

Next click upload (you may be asked for a code to prove you are not a robot).

Once the pic is uploaded copy and past the link that says for message boards into your DR1 post.

Thank you bigbird. This worked for me on The Leaning Tower of JD thread. Worked perfectly. Thanks for your assistance.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I'll wait until DR1 makes the technology easier to implement or I will get my 8 year old grandson to do it for me. For those who gave me direction thanks.

User error!

Time to get your 8yr old to help you out :)

I would start with how to get a link for my photos from photobucket.com.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Steve,

Take some time, read the helpful posts and work on it slowly.

It's daunting at first but in the end it is just combining simple steps.

The inertia comes from thinking about the big picture when it is not in focus. Think about the first step until you get it, then the second...

Each step is easy when you understand it.