San Jose de Ocoa

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
Hello -

One of my volunteers needs to get from Cabrera on the North down to San Jose de Ocoa.. and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on the best way of getting there. I am assuming her best bet to start off is getting the bus right to Santo Domingo, so really I am looking for the best way from Santo Domingo to San Jose de Ocoa. Does anyone know if there is a bus company that does that route or would it just be gua guas? And even so, for gua guas, could she get one directly there or have to stop and switch inbetween? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Cabrera to Santiago to Piedra Blanca, then guagua the new road to San Jose de Ocoa.

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
Will do as you suggested Matilda as I think the Santo Domingo route will be easiest with Caribe Tours direct from here. However, just one more question, as I've never done it myself.. when in Santo Domingo from the Caribe Bus station, where should she then go to grab the gua gua to Bani? And finally, if you happen to have an idea, what the time travel from Santo Domingo to Bani and Bani to San Jose de Ocoa would be and/or rough gua gua prices? I gave her a guess of about 3 hours total from SD to SJO and about 300 pesos total for gua guas (plus the 2 1/2 hours and 340 for the Cabrera to SD bus) but that was a guess based on a map.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Last edited: