Sosua office for residency - cedula too?

kg4jxt

Mar 28, 2014
I have been going to SD to renew residency, but Sosua is closer. But can I also renew the cedula in Sosua? If I have to go to SD anyway, might as well do both jobs in SD. Anyone who has done both, please reply? Thanks

Jan 17, 2009
You can't renew in Sosua.  You need to file your renewal online, then go to SD.  And no, extranjeros have to go to SD to Extranjeria for cedulas.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
What a concept! Provide the services where the foreigners live. Nah, it'll never work.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
What a concept! Provide the services where the foreigners live. Nah, it'll never work.

Gringo! We don't really care about stickin'Gringo's, except for their dinero. It's a relatively small country and getting to SD is really not that difficult. The DR Gov is not going to go out of it's way to make the process easy. Although you can renew on-line so I could be totally off base on this. Provide efficient service? What, do you think you are in Canada, dare, eh? Oh, Canada.....Just kidding my northern brother. Keep the faith. If you live long enough things will hopefully change for the better.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
My citizenship application is just starting.

I am told the only way it can start is by an on-line submission.
That was news to me but is interesting to hear the current state of affairs

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Gringo! We don't really care about stickin'Gringo's, except for their dinero. It's a relatively small country and getting to SD is really not that difficult. The DR Gov is not going to go out of it's way to make the process easy. Although you can renew on-line so I could be totally off base on this. Provide efficient service? What, do you think you are in Canada, dare, eh? Oh, Canada.....Just kidding my northern brother. Keep the faith. If you live long enough things will hopefully change for the better.

Actually, they're updating their software and rolling it out to their satellite office so people in Puerto Plata and Bavaro won't need to go to Santo Domingo. I was told the process should be completed soon. Fingers crossed.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Its crazy that Puerto Plata does NOT offer these services

Actually, they're updating their software and rolling it out to their satellite office so people in Puerto Plata and Bavaro won't need to go to Santo Domingo. I was told the process should be completed soon. Fingers crossed.

They realized the computers can be networked? This would be an incredible development.

Now, would people renewing residency still have to go to the one and only place , in Santo Domingo, that can do the medical exam?

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Nope. As a gringo. Back to S.D. to renew everything and need a med. too even though had one last time. Booking a nice hotel for a few days visit and shopping. Might as well enjoy our mandatory visit.