Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 40 of 40

Thread: Guagua Fun

  1. #31
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    3,888
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I once had the misfortune to be sitting between two young girls 17 to 20 years old on a guagua and one was partially on top of the other having to lean forward with her left boob two inches from my face. She kept apologizing, and I kept repeating "Esta bien, esta bien."
    Der Fish

  2. Likes Garyexpat liked this post
  3. #32
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    699
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    I had occasion to ride a guagua today..... busy times on the roads

    El Breton to Nagua (buscandoing my car at the mechanic).

    Uneventful start...I got a nice seat in the back of a nearly empty one.

    As time passed, it filled up.
    Upon entering Nagua we had 18 people, driver and friend counted.

    Remember that last row?... now a bit squished but all women... one skinny too!!

    I felt out the window to see if I could find a roof rack.... yup!

    Yell to el chofer..... a la bomba.

    Ask my fellow passenger Ayudame...
    And slip out the window via the handle provided by the roof rack.

    The faces on all those passengers..... the Driver's was the best..

    Paid my fare
    Adding 'loco Gringo...... o inteligente?'

    He laughed.....and drove off

    It takes a lot to shake these people 
    I had a laugh doing it....

    Hahahaha..... que vida!!!
    ....I love a good concho ride on a hot day.....a full back seat is my favorite....one fine summer day in santiago, the driver puts a extra person in the back seat.......pretty chica smiles and asks... can I sit on your lap?, what could I say , [please yes]....anyway, as we get out she says she enjoyed my lap very much, I tell her I enjoyed more.....she now lives in my 4th bedroom......true story...who would have thunk......Doc..........

  4. #33
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    17,669
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by USA DOC View Post
    ....I love a good concho ride on a hot day.....a full back seat is my favorite....one fine summer day in santiago, the driver puts a extra person in the back seat.......pretty chica smiles and asks... can I sit on your lap?, what could I say , [please yes]....anyway, as we get out she says she enjoyed my lap very much, I tell her I enjoyed more.....she now lives in my 4th bedroom......true story...who would have thunk......Doc..........
    Curious minds want to know who lives in the other three bedrooms.




    Super Moderator
    DR1.com

  5. Likes sanpedrogringo liked this post
  6. #34
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    16,578
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Fishy and Doc

    I said earlier, I have never been lucky in regards to seatmates, sadly.

    Both of you should ride the guagua more often!!

    I can't say that I'll keep trying....
    But hope springs eternal....

  7. #35
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    699
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    Curious minds want to know who lives in the other three bedrooms.
    ....I have to admit, I am seriously considering becoming a Mormon....the other 3 are occupied by other girl frens....You know that Brigham Young had like 127 wives, and lived to be about 100 years old..and founded salt lake city........Sooo I was thinking maybe there is something to being Mormon... cant hurt to find out........Doc.......Will report more later.....

  8. #36
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    857
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    I hear you Gerhard

    I miss it too but my car episode (2) has gone on too long.
    Finally finished, espero 

    Normally, I have few to zero problems that aren't resolved easily and quickly 
    Wilhelm,
    My grandparents came from Poland not Germany. I'm not sure of a Polish translation for Gary but maybe DV8 can help.
    I can do a week or so without missing it here if visiting family, less if on business. I do however enjoy getting the foods I get in the states that I don't get, or eat here, like Sushi I trust or Thai food plus if visiting mom the red beet soup and pierogis.
    Have a safe trip and don't stay away too long.

  9. #37
    I never learn...
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    23,337
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Garyexpat View Post
    Wilhelm,
    My grandparents came from Poland not Germany. I'm not sure of a Polish translation for Gary but maybe DV8 can help.
    I can do a week or so without missing it here if visiting family, less if on business. I do however enjoy getting the foods I get in the states that I don't get, or eat here, like Sushi I trust or Thai food plus if visiting mom the red beet soup and pierogis.
    Have a safe trip and don't stay away too long.
    I last about two weeks before I start to get antsy to get back to Jarabacoa. My first stop in Canada is at the beer store to get some good beer and second is to get some good Indian food.

  10. Likes rfp, Garyexpat liked this post
  11. #38
    Bronze
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    667
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    We are too. Can't take much more. Maybe we'll see each other again at the airport.
    Well but you're a moderator. I think you need government permission. Yes the DR or North Coast has become less laid back but it has also become darn expensive. Maybe it's just as expensive in the states now too but at least the power almost never goes out and you don't go to jail for a simple traffic accident.
    Put me on the maybe-ready-to-leave list.
    Might be a fire sale on Villas soon?
    I would miss the over the counter farmacias however m

    Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

  12. Likes JDJones liked this post
  13. #39
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    3,888
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chico bill View Post
    Well but you're a moderator. I think you need government permission. Yes the DR or North Coast has become less laid back but it has also become darn expensive. Maybe it's just as expensive in the states now too but at least the power almost never goes out and you don't go to jail for a simple traffic accident.
    Put me on the maybe-ready-to-leave list.
    Might be a fire sale on Villas soon?
    I would miss the over the counter farmacias however m

    Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk
    Probably miss that 10,000 pesos per month rent too, right?
    Der Fish

  14. #40
    Bronze
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    667
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    Probably miss that 10,000 pesos per month rent too, right?
    Der Fish
    I would miss that, and I'd miss the habichuelas con dulces for Easter too.
    And this paddle ball, and this book of matches.... and this chair.

    Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

  15. Likes mobrouser liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO